Are you looking for a company that values diversity, teamwork, and growth? The Ameriprise Financial Leadership Development Program (LDP) offers meaningful work experience for emerging talent in a FORTUNE 500® company within the Financial Services industry. The Advice & Wealth Management Sales LDP is an 18-month commitment crafted to cultivate your business knowledge, gain on-the-job training, network in an encouraging, inclusive, team-based environment, have exposure to senior leaders and contribute to the success of the company through three, 6-month rotations. In addition, you will have access to our Business Resource Networks, including the Black Employee Network, Young Professionals Network, PRIDE Network, and others!
Advice & Wealth Management (AWM) Business Development and Operations is the growth engine for Ameriprise Financial and approximately 10,000 branded financial advisors who help clients plan to achieve their dreams and financial goals and a dedicated corporate staff focused on driving profitable growth in the employee and franchise advisor platforms.
The Advice & Wealth Management Sales LDP rotates through and completes work within the following business areas:
• Experience Advisor Recruiting
• Advisor Business Development
• Customized rotation based on skills / career goals: Executive Offices (includes time in field), CRM, Novice Advisor and Emerging Talent, other business groups
After exploring the breadth of the business unit(s) through each rotation, LDPs may have the opportunity to post to a permanent sales focused position within Ameriprise Financial. Responsibilities
As the Advice & Wealth Management Sales LDP, you will prepare for and successfully acquire the Securities Industry Exam (SIE), Series 7, state securities and IAR registrations (Series 66), and life and Health exams during the 18-month rotation with a goal of completion during the 1st rotation. You will have designated accountability support, and study time through your licensing. Responsibilities vary depending on current rotation and assigned projects(s) and may include:
- Calling prospect financial advisors to set meetings with advisor recruiters
- Working with advisor recruiters by supporting pipeline activities such as data gathering and meeting preparation
- Answering advisor questions regarding tools and logistics
- Creating financial plan deliverables
- Running managed product illustrations
- Become familiar with the 8 Key Marketing Activities (KMAs) for advisors
- Scheduling client appointments
- Answering client calls and emails appropriate to level of licensing obtained
- Current Senior at a 4-year university pursing a bachelor's degree in Business Administration/Management, Finance, Financial Planning, Economics, Marketing, Communications, Business Analytics, or related field
- Graduation date of December 2022 or May/June 2023
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Commitment to complete the full 18-month Leadership Development Program
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
About Our Company
- Demonstrated desire to be in a sales or coaching role
- High degree of self-motivation with strong integrity and ethics
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple priorities
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Ability to work and communicate collaboratively with all levels of the organization including team members, managers, and senior leaders
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Microsoft Excel
At Ameriprise Financial, we're not just in the business of helping clients with their financial goals - we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential by embracing an inclusive and collaborative culture. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you're motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise Financial.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.