Ready to launch your career? RiverSource Insurance Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Ameriprise Financial providing a broad array of protection and retirement investments for clients offered through Ameriprise Financial Advisors. RiverSource is a top 10 insurance company with ~1.5M clients and a large service operations organization to support the management of client accounts and the service needs of our clients.
The RiverSource Insurance and Annuity (I&A) Risk and Data department supports operational excellence through the oversight of the risk management framework of I&A. The Risk and Data team directly contributes to the implementation and adherence to risk and control practices within the I&A business function along with the governance of critical data that is used across the enterprise.
The RiverSource I&A Operational Risk Intern will be part of a team that drives operational excellence by collaborating on creative solutions that continually improve Ameriprise's Operational Risk Framework. They will establish relationships with business owners and provide insight into solving business problems while improving the efficiency and quality of business operations.
About the RiverSource Insurance Internship Program:
Our 11-week summer intern program provides experience in a collaborative and inclusive environment. As an RiverSource Insurance intern, you will gain exposure to leaders, cultivate your business intuition, work on projects that directly impact the business, and network in a welcoming atmosphere. In addition, you will have access to our Business Resource Networks, including the Black Employee Network, Young Professionals Network, PRIDE Network, and others! Responsibilities
Responsibilities to support the I&A Operational Risk team may vary depending on assigned project and may include:
- Review business and operational practices, make process improvements and adjustments to existing operational models.
- Challenge the status quo and assist in small to medium transformation projects, which may involve developing business solutions within the business unit.
- Learn how to develop sound information and business theory practices through application of data analysis skills which ultimately result in recommendations and implementation of solutions.
- Review reports illustrating risk parameters and metrics associated with business line operation.
- Develop and enhance risk measurement policies, procedures, and metrics. Enhance risk reporting with new ideas gathered from research and best practices.
- Establish experience in a regulated industry and be a contributor to actions that resolve business
- Issues and create value for shareholders.
- Work in a team environment and participating in business meetings.
- Document and present findings to internal or external audience.
- Current Junior at a 4-year university pursuing a bachelors degree in Business, Finance, Management, Economics or related fields.
- Graduation date of December 2023 or May/June 2024
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- High degree of self-motivation with strong integrity and ethics
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple projects
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Ability to work and communicate collaboratively with others
- Strong attention to detail, follow-through and time management skills.
- Desire to work in financial services
The company does not offer corporate undergraduate internships for students with F-1 visas. About Our Company
Riversource Annuities and Insurance is a part of the Ameriprise family of brands that provides our clients access to solutions that create a road map for their future. At Riversource we embrace an inclusive and collaborative culture that allows us to help others achieve their goals by providing compelling product solutions. This includes insurance to prepare for and be protected during the unexpected, as well as annuities that will provide support through every stage of retirement planning such as asset accumulation, generating income, and leaving a legacy to loved ones or charity. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you're motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Riversource.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.