Ready to launch your career? RiverSource Insurance Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Ameriprise Financial providing a broad array of protection and retirement investments for clients offered through Ameriprise Financial Advisors. RiverSource is a top 10 insurance company with ~1.5M clients and a large service operations organization to support the management of client accounts and the service needs of our clients.
As a RiverSource Marketing intern you will have the opportunity to work with our Insurance and Annuity marketing teams on projects including developing marketing collateral (print, video, web, social), advisor and client communications, advisor training and events and other projects related to the insurance and annuities business lines.
About the RiverSource Insurance Internship Program:
Our 11-week summer intern program provides experience in a collaborative and inclusive environment. As an RiverSource Insurance intern, you will gain exposure to leaders, cultivate your business intuition, work on projects that directly impact the business, and network in a welcoming atmosphere. In addition, you will have access to our Business Resource Networks, including the Black Employee Network, Young Professionals Network, PRIDE Network, and others! Responsibilities
Responsibilities vary depending on assigned projects(s) and may include:
- Development of advisor-facing communications for both Retirement (annuity) and Protection (insurance) solutions
- Development of marketing materials (print, video, web, social)
- Coordination of event-related materials and logistics for both product lines (annuities and insurance)
- Work on investment related performance materials and the publishing to clients and advisors
- Writing internal or department communications
- Assist with wholesaler or advisor training or events
- Current Junior at a 4-year university pursuing a bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field
- Graduation date of December 2023 or May/June 2024
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- High degree of self-motivation with strong integrity and ethics
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple projects
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Ability to work and communicate collaboratively with others
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
The company does not offer corporate undergraduate internships for students with F-1 visas. About Our Company
Riversource Annuities and Insurance is a part of the Ameriprise family of brands that provides our clients access to solutions that create a road map for their future. At Riversource we embrace an inclusive and collaborative culture that allows us to help others achieve their goals by providing compelling product solutions. This includes insurance to prepare for and be protected during the unexpected, as well as annuities that will provide support through every stage of retirement planning such as asset accumulation, generating income, and leaving a legacy to loved ones or charity. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you're motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Riversource.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.