Control Services Leadership Development Program (LDP) offers meaningful work experience for emerging talent in a FORTUNE 500® company within the Financial Services industry. The Risk & Control Services LDP is a 24-month commitment crafted to cultivate your business knowledge, gain on-the-job training, network in an encouraging, inclusive, team-based environment, have exposure to senior leaders and contribute to the success of the company through three, 8-month rotations. In addition, you will have access to our Business Resource Networks, including the Black Employee Network, Young Professionals Network, PRIDE Network, and others!
This key role delivers components of the Risk & Control Services plan, including audit and SOX/MAR/FDICIA compliance activities, presenting objectives and results to various level of management. The successful incumbent identifies and evaluates opportunities to improve the efficiency of risk management, control and governance processes using a structured approach.
The Risk & Control Services LDP rotates through and completes work within the following business areas:
• Advice and Wealth Management and Marketing and Communications
• Asset Management
• Insurance & Annuities and Corporate functions - (i.e., Finance, General Counsel's Office, Human Resources)
• Additional rotational options may include Data Analytics and/or Technology
After exploring the breadth of the business unit(s) through each rotation, LDPs may have the opportunity to post to a permanent position within Ameriprise Financial. Responsibilities
Responsibilities vary depending on current rotation and assigned projects(s) and may include:
- Plan and deliver portions of the Risk & Control Services plan, including audit and compliance activities for SOX/MAR/FDICIA and risk assessments
- Evaluate and improve the efficiency of risk management, control and governance using a structured approach.
- Identify control deficiencies, assess exposure and significance, and propose cost effective recommendations
- Lead all aspects of Management Action Plan activities and recommend closure of Management Action Plans.
- Present results to various levels of management.
- Current Senior at a 4-year university pursing a bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Computer Science, MIS or related field
- Graduation date of December 2022 or May/June 2023
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Commitment to complete the full 24-month Leadership Development Program
- High degree of self-motivation with strong integrity and ethics
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple priorities
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Ability to work and communicate collaboratively with all levels of the organization including team members, managers, and senior leaders
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
The company does not offer sponsorship for this opportunity. About Our Company
At Ameriprise Financial, we're not just in the business of helping clients with their financial goals - we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential by embracing an inclusive and collaborative culture. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you're motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise Financial.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.