One of the most recognizable names in the quantitative trading industry is looking to strengthen its risk team. The firm has been extremely successful and is now expanding into asset management as well as continuing their options trading presence. They are tech-driven and focus on high frequency volatility trading by utilizing their own proprietary trading language.
One of the most recognizable names in the quantitative trading industry is hiring for a new front office risk manager to oversee risk management for the Americas trading activities. The firm is determined to strengthen its risk team as they recently brought in the former Head of Market Risk from one of the most successful and industry-leading quantitative funds in NYC; this role would be reporting directly to him.
The risk manager will manage trading risk of all levels across all asset classes. They will be responsible for quantitative execution risk, market risk, portfolio risk management activities, and drive best practice risk management culture across the firm. Additional facets include analyzing, escalating, and reviewing appropriate risk limits and measures across the firm. Stakeholders include portfolio management, technology, financial engineering, and C-level.
- Provide real time risk oversight of trading activities focusing on market risk and quantitative execution risk across all asset classes
- Control risk, escalate issues, and resolve risk management situations
- Oversee portfolio management to resolve trading risk discrepancies
- Enhance and further develop the proprietary risk framework and help redevelop the next generation risk analytics platform
- Risk management experience in a proprietary trading environment, systematic hedge fund, or front office analytics/algo trading environment
- Minimum 3 years of experience in risk or trading
- Knowledge of options markets, global equities, futures, and foreign exchange
- Technical experience in Python a strong plus, knowledge in VBA and SQL required
- Strong grasp of market risk and quantitative execution risk management