The Regional Annuity Sales Consultant in Wealth Management Solutions is an internal sales role responsible for case consultation with financial advisors on annuity offerings available through the Ameriprise Financial broker/dealer (90%). This role also serves as the first point of contact for long-term care options and insurance availability (10%). Develop a specialty expertise in annuities while supporting advisors as they navigate through the sales process. Provide annuity carrier comparisons, product recommendations, sales materials and illustrations based on client needs.
Join our growing team and we will help you expand your product knowledge! We are adding three new team members to support additional regions. Responsibilities
- Provide inbound phone queue sales support, place outbound telephone calls, and return advisor emails to enhance annuity sales in an assigned region.
- Deliver day-to-day case consultation to advisors tailoring annuity recommendations to support client needs. Provide approved sales materials and illustrations as needed.
- Partner with advisors to facilitate product training, order entry, licensing, compliance, and new business inquiries. Serve as the liaison between advisors, carriers, and various departments on intensified issues.
- Acquire deep annuity product knowledge across multiple carriers and product types (primarily variable, fixed indexed, fixed, and structured annuities).
- Develop broad expertise of LTC (Long-Term Care) and insurance offerings to optimally guide advisors to appropriate BGA (Brokerage General Agency), carrier or resources.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with multiple departments, annuity carriers and key resources.
- Present solutions, tools, and resources via Teams/web conferencing.
- Leverage Salesforce as a territory management tool to track activity and manage pipelines.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in a related field
- 5+ years of relevant experience in the financial services industry
- Active Series 6 or Series 7
- Active State securities registration (Series 63 or 66)
- Insurance licensed with life/health and variable lines or ability to obtain within 120 days
- Ability to work independently, collaborate with teammates and share standard methodologies
- Ability to influence others through consultative/solutions-based selling
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to balance multiple assignments and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
About Our Company
- Previous experience as an annuity wholesaler or sales consultant
At Ameriprise Financial, we're not just in the business of helping clients with their financial goals - we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential by embracing an inclusive and collaborative culture. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you're motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise Financial.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.