Ameriprise Financial has an outstanding opportunity for a Project Manager to join our innovative, dynamic Human Resources team! This person will utilize standard project management tools and methodologies to develop a comprehensive plan and lead projects of moderate to high complexity through the project life cycle. This includes ensuring budget, scope, schedule, risk, and quality objectives are designed and maintained to track deliverables and progress. The Project Manager will ensure key stakeholders are informed and engaged while providing informal leadership to project resources to ensure successful project execution. Responsibilities
- Defining, estimating, and scheduling project tasks and interdependencies to achieve the scope through a clearly defined project plan, ensuring project deliverables are strategically aligned with business objectives
- Identifying project resource requirements to ensure adequately skilled resources are available and held accountable to deliver on project commitments..
- Identifying and tracking key measures of success for the project
- Adhering to the approved methodology, maintaining project artifacts and records, facilitating project change requests and implementing corrective actions to ensure success.
- Analyzing project performance, creating cost benefit analysis and identifying optimal solutions that minimize impact and trade-offs
- Consistently providing progress reports to stakeholders that effectively outline the project status, risks, issues and appropriate action plans, including escalating issues with potential significant impact
- Collaborating with business partners, vendors, technology, and project management staff to develop the project agenda and ensure agreement/adoption of project objectives/deliverables by all affected constituencies
- Transitioning project into daily business operations at the end of the project
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience
- Proven understanding and practice of project management methodology and experience leading multiple medium to large-scale projects to successful completion, using tools including MS Project, Visio, Jira and Powerpoint
- Self-motivated with ability to balance competing priorities, and quickly adapt to a changing environment and ambiguous situations
- Attention to detail and ability to drive results using actionable steps
- Objective decision-making ability, strong analytical, and problem solving skills
About Our Company
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Financial Services experience
- Experience/background in Human Resources
- Experience/background with Workday Recruiting or HCM
At Ameriprise Financial, we're not just in the business of helping clients with their financial goals - we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential by embracing an inclusive and collaborative culture. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you're motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise Financial.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.