Lead the delivery of small to medium scope project initiatives of moderate complexity that involve obtaining agreement/adoption of project objectives and deliverables by key sponsors. Ensures that a comprehensive project plan is developed and maintained to track deliverables and progress toward completion on time and within budget. Utilizes company/industry project management methodologies and tools throughout project lifecycle. Responsibilities
- Responsible for the delivery of small to medium scope projects of moderate complexity that often represent cross-organizational initiatives. Manage projects within the company's project delivery framework and utilizes company/industry-standard project management methodologies and tools. Accountable for project communications, risk assessment and contingency planning and escalation of critical issues to project sponsor/owner, etc.
- Defines the overall objectives and key deliverables for the project; identifies and tracks key measures of success. Ensures the development of a comprehensive project plan that incorporates deliverables, accountabilities and timelines, utilizing the company's project management system (Project Server) for maintaining/tracking project plan and status. Provides regular status reporting on plan progress, as defined by company standards. Some of these activities may be performed under general guidance/direction.
- Provides leadership to project resources in a manner that ensures timely delivery on commitments/tasks in support of broader project deliverables. Aligns cross-organizational resources to ensure successful delivery of the project. Identifies project resource requirements and works with plan sponsors and project management office/competency center to ensure adequately skilled resources are available to deliver on project commitments.
- Works effectively with business partners, vendors, technology and project management staff to develop the project agenda and ensure agreement/adoption of project objectives/deliverables by affected constituencies. Provides proactive project communication to project owner. Works to identify cross-organizational interdependencies and ensures appropriate integration to project plan.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent
- 5 to 7 years relevant experience
- Experienced with industry-standard project management methodologies and tools.
- Demonstrated capability in standard office and project management applications - Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, Project Workbench.
- Demonstrated experience in leading small- ($500K-$1M) to medium-scale ($1M-$5M) projects to successful completion and implementation; demonstrates innovation.
- Experienced at building relationships; solid communication skills that include ability to effectively articulate information to others.
- Previous experience in developing risk mitigation plans in association with assigned projects.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Prior exerience in Waterfall Project Manager, Scrum Master, and Business Analyst roles
- Financial service experience