Play a key role in the development and testing of new software by applying methods of object-oriented programming and service oriented architectural design. Modify, document, and maintain existing legacy software programs. Assist in the execution of performance analysis techniques to identify and re mediate root cause. Provide mentoring and guidance to Programmer Analyst I, while taking direction from Software Engineers and Managers of Software Development. Responsibilities
- Write new code using prescribed specifications and design documentation in accordance with current stands while driving improvements to existing standards. Use methods of object oriented programming and incorporate web service design when appropriate. Modify, test and troubleshoot existing programs/software using the appropriate hardware, database, and development/programming technology. Analyze end user data and business needs and incorporate into crafted solutions.
- Maintain and modify programs/software. Perform existing application changes that are large in scope with minimal direction. Implement approved changes by amending flow charts, developing detailed programming logic, and making changes to code. Write and maintain development/programming/systems documentation, as well as operations and user guides (as required). Document development/programming problems and resolutions for future reference.
- Effectively unit test all code and programs prior to releasing them to the quality assurance (QA) team. Resolve all unit test issues in a timely manner. Collaborate with the QA team to identify test cases and build/mine test data to enable a thorough test of all development deliverables. Respond to all inquiries and issues in a timely manner as the developed code/program moves through the testing process and ultimately into production. Provide implementation/production support as required.
- Assist in performance analysis and monitoring of enterprise developed applications with consultation from Software Engineers. Assist in disaster recovery (DR) design, planning, and execution for enterprise developed applications with mentorship and direction from Software Engineers and Enterprise Architects. Evaluate and understand the interrelationship between multiple enterprise applications and begin to account for dependencies when evaluating design solutions.
- Begin to introduce new technology solutions and ideas by staying current in the arena of software development best practices. Engage proactively in knowledge sharing and mentoring of more junior partners.
- Possess a validated understanding of digital technologies and standard methodologies
- Bachelors degree or equivalent meaningful work experience
- Training or education in a technology/computer field and/or 3-5 years of shown development/programming/coding experience.
- 3 + years validated experience coding in relevant programming languages (specific required languages will vary by position), providing a deep understanding of programming languages and procedures.
- 3+ years of experience developing and maintaining programming/systems documentation and technical instructions in the use of programs and/or program modifications.
- 3+ years of experience coding in multiple environments.
- 3+ years of a proven understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
About Our Company
- Effective oral and written communication skills, along with a logical, analytical, and abstract thinking ability.
- Strong attention to detail, follow-through, and time management skills.
- Experience and/or comfort working in a multi-sourced, multi-vendor environment.
- Proven aptitude to quickly learn and apply new tools and processes.
- Hands-on experience developing/programming software applications.
- Working experience or knowledge on few of these areas - Java Scripting, React JS framework, Content management system, digital/web analytics
- Experience working in Agile environment
At Ameriprise Financial, we're not just in the business of helping clients with their financial goals - we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential by embracing an inclusive and collaborative culture. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you're motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise Financial.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.