Product Manager - Advisor Product Development
This role will participate in and lead small to large Advisory Platform Development initiatives; contributing to and leading work streams to develop and/or enhance advisory offerings including development of new and/or enhanced platform capabilities. Will work with colleagues across the firm such as Technology, Advice and Wealth Management/Service project management offices, Service and Operations, Compliance, Legal, Marketing, and Training to enhance the Advisory offerings including Mutual Fund/ETF Wrap Program, Managed Account Program, Unified Managed Account Program, Advisor Discretion Wrap Program, and Client Directed Wrap Program. Responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Contribute to/drive the requirements and delivery of new products and services through funded. enhancements that enhance the client and advisor experience, increase ease of use, meet competitive evolution in the marketplace and/or improve profitability.
• Perform as the business lead on small to medium size projects.
• Contribute to the WMS Advisory Platform Investment Optimization (I/O) multi-year enhancement agenda. Current and previous project agenda examples include: Custom Advisory Agreement, Premium Wealth Tools, SPS Rebalance, AP Uplift, Compliance projects.
• Successfully manage relationships within the organization and with third-party partners.
• Seek to learn and maintain an understanding of competitors.
• Lead successful transitions of product development to successful product management processes and procedures.
• Identify and recommend changes to policies, procedures and reporting. Required Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree in economics, finance, business or equivalent.
• 5+ years of relevant experience, preferably in the financial services industry, or with with product management and/or product development experience.
• Ability to influence and collaborate with or lead across the organization to drive results.
• Strong presentation / communications and written skills influence.
• Proven organizational skills, including managing multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to think strategically, while being able to implement tactical plans.
• Strong knowledge of advisory platforms and solutions.
• Excellent understanding of regulations and laws that impact advisory platforms.
• Strong relationship building skills.
• Articulate, must be able to connect the dots on multiple, complex issues in order to convey implications/outcomes to Sr. leadership in a simple and direct manner.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and within a team to build relationships and interact effectively with business partners.
• Recognized skills collaborating across a highly matrix organization with diverse goals. Flexible and adaptable to change.
• Critically thinking skills with common sense approach to problem solving.
• Active Series 7 or the ability to obtain within 120 days. Preferred Qualifications
• Knowledge and/or experience with the Ameriprise channel and/or product offerings.
• Excellent understanding of various facets of the Ameriprise organization; including insight into various business units and the Field organization.
• Experience in working with financial advisors and their staff.