Ensure the accurate pricing of 25,000+ securities held in Mutual Funds, Institutional Accounts and Owned Asset Portfolios. Price securities by running financial models, updating and creating complex spreadsheets, using approved pricing vendors, and communicating with street brokers. Institute and perform effective valuation controls, run deviation reports and problem solve complex security pricing issues within a high pressure, time sensitive nightly process to meet critical daily deadlines. Responsibilities
- Price securities within approved methods established by the CM Valuation Committee. Include processing and a thorough understanding of complex spreadsheets, vendor feeds, broker relationships, foreign transactions, sub-advised holdings, fund of funds, complex security characteristics, and financial markets. Process complex OTC derivative valuation on a daily basis.
- Analytical review and problem solving for securities. Verify accuracy of manually priced securities and impacts to fund. Analyze daily reports: new securities report, stale price reports, trade price variance report, audit reports, and fair value analysis. Communicate with pricing vendors, custodians, auditors, investments, valuation, managed assets, reporting, tax, compliance, and other departments. Create ad-hoc requests and reports as requested by senior management.
- Review and approve prices distributed by pricing vendors using internal pricing systems. Sweep all prices into market values of accounts and process final price checks. Research and resolve Net Asset Values (NAV) impact exceptions created by trade deviations and daily price changes in Exemption Management System (EMS). Run and distribute nightly reports to Investment department and management. Provide support to Mutual Fund Accounting on difficult, complex security issues/problems.
- Complete monthly Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) controls on deferred premium options, long and short dated S&P options, interest rate swaps, swaptions, Credit default swaps / indexes CDS/CDX, total return equity swaps, options on futures, look-a-like options and variance swaps. Research and resolve discrepancies on counter party differences using ad-hoc valuation techniques and document results.
- Bachelor's degree or 3-5 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with complex financial derivatives and valuation methodologies.
- Knowledge of financial securities and markets.
- Provide advanced Microsoft Excel and database knowledge.
- Resolve issues quickly and deliver results with a high degree of accuracy.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.