Manager, Category Sourcing - Technology - Remote
Provide support and management of strategic sourcing process for the technology goods and services procurement category. Frequently interface with business partners to understand their requirements and procurement leadership to execute procurements processes to meet these requirements. Accountable for supporting end-to-end completion of sourcing projects, and provide thought leadership and direction to business partners and procurement support team.
If you are not located close to a physical office, remote work is considered for qualified candidates. Responsibilities
- Accountable for supporting end-to-end completion of technology sourcing projects.
- Support the collection of technology requirements from business partners.
- Support development of sourcing strategy and conduct analysis and negotiations for technology projects with the support and guidance from procurement leadership.
- Provide project-based and/or direct oversight of a small team of resources. Provide sourcing thought leadership, workload management, and day-to-day oversight of project and resource activities.
- Interface with GCO to incorporate results of negotiations into contractual documents. Provide supporting analytics to finance team to validate realized savings.
- Manage relations with key business partners and technology project owners to develop/maintain strong working relationships.
- Continue developing a strong understanding of a specific Ameriprise business function and related vendor set/industry.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent
- 5-7 years of experience of technology sourcing experiene
- Strong problem solving and analytic skills
- Ability to interpret data
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to clearly and persuasively communicate ideas and recommendations
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to translate requirements into contractual terms
About Our Company
- Expertise with specific commodities relevant to the position.
- Experience in negotiating and sourcing
With the right company, life can Be Brilliant®. At Ameriprise Financial, we're not just in the business of helping clients with their financial goals - we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential by embracing an inclusive and collaborative culture. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you're motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise Financial and we can Be Brilliant® together.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.