Manager - Technology PMO
End-to-end ownership of one or more technology projects or releases. Plan and effectively manage all aspects of the project or release including cost, schedule, scope, quality and project resources following the appropriate methodologies.
Provide project, program and portfolio management services, standards, processes, methodologies, products and training to practitioners, subject matter experts, business and technical executives and stakeholders Responsibilities
- Deliver an annual portfolio of moderately complex technology projects with total budgets ranging from approximately $1MM to $5MM+ through effective management of budget, schedule, scope, quality and risk. Accountable for project communications, milestone tracking, resource planning, financials, risk assessment and contingency planning and escalation and resolution of critical issues to project sponsor/owners.
- Provide leadership to project resources in a manner that ensures timely delivery on commitments/tasks in support of broader project deliverables. Align and lead cross-organizational resources to ensure successful delivery of the project. Identify project resource requirements including on-shore, off-shore, employee and contractor resources and work with plan sponsors to ensure adequately skilled resources are available to deliver on project commitments.
- Directs the development and maintenance of standards, methodologies, practices, products, tools and training offerings for project and program management, conducts research to ensure processes, practices, methodologies and training offerings are continuously refined to remain relevant to industry practices
- Develop the overall project vision, approach, objectives and key deliverables; identify/track key measures of success. Develop a comprehensive project plan incorporating deliverables, resource plans, milestones, accountabilities, communication plan and time lines. Ensure project tracking and status are maintained appropriately. Provide regular status reporting on plan progress, and ensure all company standards are followed. Ensure appropriate testing and quality reviews are conducted and receive sign-off.
- Create and manage the overall project readiness plan and communicate impacts to appropriate stakeholders. Lead and participate in regular post-implementation reviews and present project metrics to assist with evaluation of project quality. Provide regular status reporting for assigned releases. Log, track and escalate high priority project issues that may impact ability to deliver a quality project according to plan.
- Work effectively with business partners, vendors and staff to develop the project agenda and ensure agreement/adoption of project objectives/deliverables by affected constituencies. Provide proactive project communication to project owner. Work to identify cross-organizational interdependencies and ensure appropriate integration to project plan. Effectively manage client expectations and resource requirements to ensure ownership and success.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent (4-years) in Computer Science, Business or related field; or equivalent work experience.
- 5-7 years of relevant experience required.
- 3+ years successful track record of delivering projects that meet business objectives as well as time, budget and quality guidelines.
- Solid understanding of business functional areas and management issues as well as the IT organizations systems and capabilities.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity and to effectively manage within it.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills including with executive level presentations.
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills.
- Experience managing project plans, time lines, test plans, resources and budgets.
About Our Company
- Successful experience driving cross-functional and cross-organizational teams to meet project objectives.
- Expert skills in project management methodologies, processes and industry standard tools.
- Proven ability to work effectively with on-shore and off-shore employee and contract resources.
- Ability to formally present project related information in a clear, concise and persuasive manner.
- Ability to relate well at all levels of the organization, building rapport and maintaining collaborative relationships.
With the right company, life can Be Brilliant®. The Ameriprise Financial Technology team mission is to create innovative technology solutions and engaging digital experiences for our clients, advisors, and employees. We embrace an inclusive and collaborative culture that allows us to partner across the business and lend our expertise in the areas of corporate computing, network infrastructure and security. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you're motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise Technology and we can Be Brilliant® together.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.