Provide quantitative and qualitative analysis to drive decisions relative to the company's risk profile, including managing various risk transfer programs and implementing effective and efficient risk financing strategies. Act as the main point of contact and visibility between our team and the operational risk functions of the firm through independent analysis, support partner challenge, and educational presentations. Own the team's data analytics processes and drive efficiencies within the team's data capture, analysis, and reporting capabilities. Responsibilities
- Strategic risk assessment, including identifying, analyzing, and quantifying risks that have the potential to affect individual business divisions and/or the firm as a whole. Develop effective risk transfer/risk financing strategies based on risk assessment outcomes, which may involve comparing estimated risks with criteria established by the firm such as budgets, legal or regulatory requirements, brand reputation, etc. and evaluating the firm's previous risk management strategies. Provide support on the management/executive liability risk transfer programs of the firm (D&O/E&O, Cyber Liability, etc.)
- Act as the key liaison between our team and the operational risk management functions of the firm (i.e., Operational Risk Management Center of Excellence and business unit risk offices). Critically review the risk catalogs of each business unit and provide challenge partner support. Increase visibility and understanding of our team's capabilities, resources, and risk transfer methodology. Further strengthen collaboration with the operational risk function by providing independent and quantitative analysis of the firms' operational risk profiles and education on industry trends and emerging risks.
- Own the team's data analytics processes, including qualitative analysis, quantitative analysis, and reporting in appropriate fashions depending on the intended audiences. Improve the collection, management, and analysis of internal loss data by partnering across Ameriprise Information Management, Claims Management, and the business unit risk offices to better align with the overall needs of the organization. Drive improvements in how internal loss data is gathered, maintained, and analyzed at the business unit level. Provide broad data management and analytical support to the team and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of reporting.
- Prepare and deliver effective presentations to senior leadership across the organization regarding our team's analysis and quantification of the firm's risks as well as external risks. Provide thoughtful challenge and recommendations regarding risk identification, potential control improvements, and appropriate risk mitigation strategies or alternative risk financing techniques.
- Support the oversight and management of multiple third-party vendors (insurance brokers, underwriters, other consultants). Continually review workflow processes to ensure optimum efficiency is attained. Identify opportunities for negotiation operational improvements and lead efforts to implement necessary changes.
Preferred Qualifications About Our Company
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent 5-7 years of experience
- Previous experience with and knowledge of commercial insurance, underwriting, and/or risk management, preferably within a global, matrixed organization
- Strong quantitative background (including previous utilization of information systems commonly used in managing risk).
- Excellent analytical capabilities and skills.
- Strong internal and external relationship management skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, in communicating quantitative information to lead strategic decision-making.
- Ability to lead, influence, communicate and interact with people at all levels across the organization and with external partners
At Ameriprise Financial, we're not just in the business of helping clients with their financial goals - we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential by embracing an inclusive and collaborative culture. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you're motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise Financial.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.