Manager - Advanced Advice - Remote
Deliver financial planning expertise and assist advisors in analyzing the financial situation of high net worth clients, develop strategies and make recommendations for Advanced Advice client cases. Serve as a subject matter expert (SME) for the firm in complex financial planning areas such as estate planning, sophisticated tax planning, and stock option exercise strategies and small business financial planning. Assists advisors with delivery of financial advice and influencing the client toward action on recommendations.
We appreciate that work-life balance is an important factor when considering your next career. If you are not located close to a physical office, remote work is considered for qualified candidates. Responsibilities
• Support use of Advanced Advice by responding to inbound calls and e-mails from advisors (and leaders if applicable) who have sold Advanced Advice plans to clients. Work with the advisor to evaluate client needs, complete casework, develop recommendations and devise strategies to close business. Support advisors in client meetings as needed via phone.
• Coordinate with field implementation to support field communication, marketing and training efforts that promote the Advanced Advice Program.
• Partner with subject matter experts across the firm and outside the firm to continually improve the quality of advice being given to clients. This includes and supporting development of new strategies and ongoing maintenance of existing processes, tools and services. Required Qualifications
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
• 5-7 years of relevant experience
• FINRA Series 7, 63/66 and 65/66 or ability to obtain within 90 days
• Expert level knowledge in complex financial planning issues.
• Solid understanding of financial planning process, tools and compliance/quality.
• Minimum of three (3) or more of the following disciplines: estate, tax, small business, retirement, stock options.
• Ability to clearly communicate complicated concepts over the phone and e-mail.
• Experience presenting to professionals preferred.
• Ability to quickly analyze complex situations and synthesize into easy to understand advice.
• Ability to work independently and collaborate with others across organization.
• Ability to design and develop a new service. Preferred Qualifications
• Experience presenting to professionals
• Previous experience working with NaviPlan, MoneyGuide, Leimberg NumberCruncher, Bloomberg Income Tax Planner, StockOpter or other common financial planning tools and software. About Our Company
With the right company, life can Be Brilliant®. At Ameriprise Financial, we're not just in the business of helping clients with their financial goals - we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential by embracing an inclusive and collaborative culture. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you're motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise Financial and we can Be Brilliant® together.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.