Manager- Event Management
The RiverSource Event Manager is responsible for providing strategic and tactical leadership on event strategy, event participation, logistic management and communication. This position will partner with leadership, marketing, compliance and legal to meet the program requirements. The manager is responsible for the program budget, vendor relationships and overall conference coordination.
The ideal candidate will have project or event management experience and are energized by working in a collaborative, team-based environment. Responsibilities
- Plan and execute RiverSource event strategy. Provide thoughtful approach to overall strategy; create a project plan, determine the audience, create a communication strategy and lead the planning team.
- Manage the approval and scheduling process. This includes submitting and monitoring the request for financial and strategic approvals. Define criteria strategy and tracking definitions, help define post conference/event actions. Create detailed budget and track expenses.
- Oversee all event logistics. Including compliance review, registration process, exception approval, AV, content production, secure presenters, hotel logistics and post conference communications.
- Manage event related communications and serve as a point-of-contact for all event resources, leaders, and attendees.
- Overall responsibility of execution of program while on-site.
- Management of other ad-hoc event requests
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years of project or event management experience.
- Strong collaborator - ability to develop relationships, influence and lead across all levels of the organization.
- Critical thinking with a focus on driving disciplined, fact based decisions and executing with urgency.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced environment.
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Some travel required.
- Experience working in Cvent registration tool.
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Previous experience working in a sales organization.
- Experience in SharePoint, One Drive.