Manager-Regulatory Affairs, Insurance & Annuities
This position has direct responsibility for managing and responding to regulatory examinations related to the company's insurance and annuities activities, including requests from federal and state regulators and self-regulatory organizations. Responsibilities
- Responsibilities include reviewing and evaluating requests for information from regulators, collaborating with internal stakeholders to gather, analyze and prepare for production responsive information, and interacting with regulators.
- While primary focus is examinations related to insurance and annuity activities, the position may provide support to other business line examination activities from time to time on an as-needed basis.
- This position will interact and partner with subject matter experts across legal, compliance and business areas and will serve as a primary contact on insurance and annuity-related exams and assigned pieces of other exams.
- This position will draw on experience in financial services, insurance regulations, and regulatory examinations to investigate discrete issues, conduct research, analyze related information, and make recommendations, as appropriate.
- 5 + years relevant experience in the financial services industry and with regulatory examinations.
- 4 year college degree or equivalent experience.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple and competing priorities in a highly dynamic environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to establish credibility and build strong collaborative relationships internally and externally.
- Ability to prepare and present matters to leaders and to work across all levels of the organization.
- Energetic, service-oriented individual with a positive attitude.
- Strategic thinker, detail-oriented and meticulous with an aptitude for analysis and problem solving.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to achieve results as an individual contributor while working in a team-based environment.
- Aptitude for learning evolving technology
- Ability to adapt to different cultures and styles
- Innovative mindset
About Our Company
- Familiarity with state insurance laws and regulations, and other relevant experience at a large insurance organization.
With the right company, life can Be Brilliant®. At Ameriprise Financial, we're not just in the business of helping clients with their financial goals - we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential by embracing an inclusive and collaborative culture. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you're motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise Financial and we can Be Brilliant® together.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.