Lead Front-end Engineer (Systems Engineer)
The Lead Front-end Engineer is a key member of an agile team responsible for creating great products for our customers on the web. In this lead role, you will be primarily responsible for the technical design, development, quality and performance of a web application - as both an individual contributor as well as coordinating and reviewing the work of the other front-end developers on the team. You will also be responsible for the integration and overall support of your product across the tech stack. Responsibilities
• Partner closely with Product Owner and UX Design to discover, design, develop and deploy great financial tools and products that provide meaningful value to our customers.
• Lead the delivery work (development, quality, build, deploy) for the team.
• Lead integration of the UI application across the tech stack - including backend data services, database, network and infrastructure, etc.
• Responsible for code management and delivery, including creating build processes, testing, implementing advanced version control, integrating CI tools.
• Primary technologies focused on modern front-end:
• Advanced JS & ES6
• React or other modern JS framework
• Secure client session management
• HTML/CSS Required Qualifications
• 5+ years of practical experience and proven success with the design, development and operation of complex web applications.
• Working knowledge of diverse front-end related technologies and new and current architectures such as:
• Node JS, Express Server
• Webpack, Gulp
• Mocha, Chai, Jest, Jasmine
• Broad technical knowledge across a majority, with deeper knowledge in, the following: Web application development, software engineering and/or testing, data analysis, networking, operation systems (Linux, AIX, Solaris, Windows), storage (enterprise SAN, NAS), Database (UDB, SQLServer, Oracle), and mainframe. Preferred Qualifications
• Build process expertise, automation
• Cloud Deployments, Docker Containers
• Salesforce.com, Investment Management Trading Systems
• Modern content management system (CMS) experience
• API integration experience
• A/B testing & personalization tools About Our Company
With the right company, life can Be Brilliant®. At Ameriprise Financial, we're not just in the business of helping clients with their financial goals - we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential by embracing an inclusive and collaborative culture. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you're motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise Financial and we can Be Brilliant® together.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.