Lead Developer - Intelligent Automation
Serve as a resource on the Intelligent Automation (IA) program team to develop and lead the development of Intelligent Automation design, documentation, testing, and implementation of IA applications. Championing standard techniques, procedures, and criteria. Participate in architecture design performance monitoring, product evaluation, and buy versus build decisions. Track and communicate development project status, dependencies, and risks and mitigation strategies to the project team and leadership. Provide technical expertise to the business. Responsibilities
- Identify the best intelligent automation solutions to meet business needs identified during process redesign efforts with particular focus on solutions that would be highly scalable across the organization. Providing expertise and input as automation and AI deployments are prioritized, executed, and validated.
- Lead coding solutions in up to 10 different pods rapidly implementing automation solutions across the enterprise. Reporting status of development across pods to the intelligent automation solution lead. Acting as a coach and mentor to other developers to ensure the timely execution of project deliverables. Identifying and resolving issues related to development, escalating to Head of Automation as necessary.
- Provide governance oversight to ensure adherence to development strategy, standards, tools and procedures. Guide the development teams to consistently apply appropriate development principles and standards during all phases of the development life-cycle.
- Conduct annual asset health and security assessment. Improve health of system assets by identifying enhancements to improve performance, reliability, and resource consumption.
- Track standards exceptions (e.g. security gaps) to ensure they are addressed in a planful and timely manner. Evaluate, troubleshoot, and lead root-cause analysis for production issues and system failures. Determine corrective action and improvements to prevent recurrence. Provide implementation/production support, as required.
- Interact regularly with the technical architect and build solutions compatible with Ameriprise Financial standards and protocols. Champion and ensure compliance with organizational standards, practices and methodologies.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering or related field; or equivalent work experience.
- 7+ years of experience coding and/or designing in multiple programming languages, including focused experience in relevant/targeted software stack (specific required software stack will vary by position).
- 7+ year of practical experience and proven success with the design and build of complex software applications in multiple environments. Experience working with vendor partner (on- and off-shore) resources.
- Proactively works with process SMEs, developers and testers leveraging best practices to configure an optimum IA
- Demonstrates an understanding of business concepts when advising on identifying potential; has deep knowledge of relevant business domains (e.g., trade processing/settlement)
- Has understanding of tech development process and technical requirements
- Experience in business case assessment, process discovery, feasibility analysis for RPA tools like Pega, Blue Prism, Automation Anywhere, UiPath and other Cognitive tools and solutions.
- Experience in providing thought leadership and insights during PoCs/Pilots across intelligent automation tools and solutions like Chatbots, Test mining/NLP/NLG, ML etc
- Engages with the business to fully understand the problem domain to solution with business
- Proves to be independent, self-driven with deep problem solving and analytical skills
- Collaborates with developer/team to resolve functional defects during sprint cycles.