Lead Data Scientist
This role is expected to utilize current AI paradigms, algorithms, and models (e.g. deep learning, reinforcement learning, computer vision); applying these techniques in relevant domains to tackle sophisticated problems and create innovative solutions to improve advisor and client experience. Working closely with information security teams to proactively identify threats and attacks. This also requires a candidate to maintain awareness of emerging analytics, AI / ML, and domain-specific technologies. This role will be expected to assume technical lead responsibilities & lead teams, ensure standard methodologies, take ownership of critical tasks, and mentor junior engineers.. Responsibilities
- Experience with AI/ML domain programming experience in Python and / or R, C++, Java, GO, MatLab.
- Experience developing and deploying AI/ML models, and a knowledge of machine learning frameworks and deep learning toolsets (e.g. SciKit-learn, TensorFlow PyTorch, Caffe, Keras).
- DevOps experience including CI/CD pipelines to build, test, deploy.
- Experience developing applications on Linux.
- Experience with network/messaging (UDP, ZeroMQ, RESTful API, etc.).
- Experience interfacing with databases (SQL, MongoDB, etc.).
- Familiarity with high-performance computing.
- Experience with one or more of the AI disciplines (e.g. Natural Language Processing, Anomaly Detection, Markov Chain and Monte Carlo (MCMC) Methods, Machine Learning, Predictive Modeling, Statistical Analysis and Hypothesis Testing).
- Strong problem-solving mindset: ability to develop create solutions to difficult problems often requiring integration of conflicting and, at times, ambiguous or incomplete data on a fast-paced schedule.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate complex design information, technical decision, and issues to both highly technical and non-technical peers.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships, collaborate with others, engage in constructive conflict, and manage interpersonal dynamics.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced and dynamic multi-disciplinary environment.
- Experience with software planning and execution throughout the requirements, development, design, build, test, and integration phases of a program & familiarity with transitioning prototype software to production, including rapid software prototyping experience to create minimal viable products for evaluation of options.
- Actively participate in the code review process to ensure development work adheres to standards and specifications (including peer review and code review external to team). Ensure the quality of work completed by vendor partners. Write and/or revise system design documentation and operations documentation to include providing required input into operation support manuals.
- Unit test all code and programs prior to releasing them to quality assurance. Quickly resolve all unit test issues. Assist quality assurance in identifying test cases and creating/mining test data to enable a thorough test of all development deliverables. Respond to all inquiries and issues in a timely manner as developed code/program moves through the testing process.
- Provide mentoring and direction to more junior members of the application development team. Influence the shaping of standards and tools. Provide governance oversight to ensure project adherence to development strategy, standards, policies, tools, and procedures. Guide the development team to consistently apply appropriate development principles and standards during all phases.
- Work in partnership with the project team and business to fully understand project goals and requirements and use this knowledge to effectively plan and execute the development process. Participate in project design walkthroughs. Evaluate interrelationships between applications to determine whether a change in one part of the project would impact or cause undesirable results in related applications and design for effective interfaces between interrelated applications.
- Improve the health of system assets by identifying enhancements to improve performance, reliability, and resource consumption. Track exceptions to standards (e.g. security gaps) to ensure they are addressed in a planful and timely fashion. Evaluate and troubleshoot root-cause analysis for production issues and system failures; determine corrective action(s) and propose improvements to prevent their recurrence.
- Maintain up-to-date business domain knowledge and technical skills in software development technologies and methodologies. Provide input in the selection, implementation and use of development tools and best practices.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field; or equivalent work experience.
- 5-7 years of relevant work experience required.
- 5-7+ years of experience coding and/or designing in relevant programming languages (Python, R, Scala, Java).
- 5+ years of practical experience and proven success with the design and build of complex software applications.
- Demonstrated experience coding and/or designing in multiple environments.
About Our Company
- Experience with Hadoop Hive, Spark and/or Impala is a plus.
- Experience in AWS machine learning offerings.
- Proven ability to successfully translate client/business needs into software designs.
- Proven analytical and business skills to reconcile conflicting objectives and find/design acceptable compromises within existing limitations.
- Understand and apply both current technical solution elements (specific tools, components, and frameworks) and abstract elements (algorithms and
- Effectively apply technology/engineering knowledge-base to multiple and evolving programs and languages.
With the right company, life can Be Brilliant®. The Ameriprise Financial Technology team mission is to create innovative technology solutions and engaging digital experiences for our clients, advisors, and employees. We embrace an inclusive and collaborative culture that allows us to partner across the business and lend our expertise in the areas of corporate computing, network infrastructure and security. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you're motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise Technology and we can Be Brilliant® together.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.