Investment Research Analyst
This position will be responsible for providing top quality research and investment analysis, participating in the manager selection process and conducting ongoing due diligence for mutual funds, separate accounts and investment strategists across Managed Accounts. This position will also manage partner relationships, review marketing/training materials, contribute to cross organizational projects, support senior analysts and improve existing analytical tools.
This role is responsible for search and selection related to the maintenance of the U.S. Core Equity category. Responsibilities
- Support the research activities of the broader research organization by conducting comprehensive investment research, analysis and manager selection for assigned product lines. This includes the use of qualitative and quantitative techniques to evaluate investment managers and associated products. In most instances, this will include back-up coverage for assigned asset classes or independent coverage of smaller asset categories. At times, this may include general securities analysis and support.
- Update, maintain and improve existing analytical tools, models and processes.
- Actively manage relationships with external partners which includes regular communication on product performance, due diligence, and operational issues.
- Contribute to strategic projects related to business goals. Act as a subject matter expert on medium scale, cross-organizational projects including development, project formation, marketing and maintenance.
- 3-5 years' experience
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, or Investment-related field.
- Strong quantitative skills with the ability to combine investment knowledge and technical expertise to produce effective results.
- Experience with analytical software to analyze investments (Excel, Access, FactSet, Morningstar Direct).
- Experience managing professional relationship with third party institutions.
- Attention to detail and strong written/verbal communication skills.
- Series 7 or ability to obtain within 120 days
- Prior manager research experience
- CFA, CAIA, CIMA