Fixed Income Trader
Columbia Threadneedle, the Global asset management subsidiary of Ameriprise Financial, is seeking a Bond Trader to join the firm in its Minneapolis, MN office. Responsibilities
- Responsible for executing purchases and sales as authorized by Portfolio Managers, senior traders and/or the Head of Trading.
- Provide market-related insight that helps Portfolio Managers identify relative value opportunities for the accounts.
- Act as a trading point person for a team of Portfolio Managers overseeing Institutional and Retail multi-sector and emerging market portfolios. Point of contact with Street counterparties - aggregating axes, collecting and disseminating market color, and executing trades.
- Will be expected to learn various client guidelines and restrictions and utilize pre-trade compliance checks.
- Will interact with senior traders, research analysts and other internal constituents on a regular basis.
About Our Company
- BA/BS degree,
- 2-3 years' experience trading fixed income securities
- Inquisitive mind interested in all aspects of the fixed income markets.
- Self-motivated team player with strong verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem solving skills, analytical framework and computer skills with a demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Bloomberg.
- Comfortable interacting with senior investment professionals.
- Able to multi task/prioritize in a fast pace environment.
- Rigorous attention to detail.
- Proficiency with Bloomberg, Aladdin, MarketAxess, Tradeweb trading platforms
Millions of people around the world rely on Columbia Threadneedle Investments to manage their money. We're intentionally built to help our clients succeed, backed by a global team of 2,000 people including more than 450 investment professionals sharing global perspectives across all major asset classes and markets. At Columbia Threadneedle, you'll find the promise we make to our clients is the same one we make to our employees: Your success is our priority. In addition to our competitive total rewards package, employees stay with us because of our culture and commitment to their development. And, backed by the strength of our parent company, Ameriprise Financial, we are committed to providing you with the tools, resources, recognition and rewards to help you shape the career you want.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.