Fixed Income Business Development Professional
What is the Opportunity?
As a Fixed Income Business Development Professional you will be responsible for marketing Fixed Income products to Financial Advisors with a focus on the client's best interest. You are responsible for marketing fixed income securities to the retail branch network through in person visits and by disseminating product and market information and following up on the merchandising of available securities. You will educate the sales force through branch office visits and client presentations, training Financial Advisors (FAs) on products and generating sales ideas. What will you do?
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities) Minimum -
- Idea Generation: Produce taxable and tax-exempt trade ideas based on current market conditions, and communicate them in a creative and timely fashion to the FAs. Develop and distribute marketing and educational materials for fixed income securities. Disseminate trade ideas, bond ladders and swap proposals through available tools, and follow up with phone calls. Facilitate account reviews to help FAs generate ideas for the betterment of clients.
- Training and Education: Visit branch offices to educate FAs on fixed income products and capabilities through all-FA presentations and one-on-one meetings. Communicate opportunities for advisors to utilize our team and tools to recruit Fixed Income clients and assets. Develop educational materials for FAs and clients. Initiate input and review of assets "held away" to provide the clients and reps with complete coverage.
- Collaboration: Work closely with various trading desks and traders to obtain market insight, develop trades ideas and cross product opportunities. Partner with trading desks and fixed income strategies to deliver a cohesive message on fixed income opportunities to Financial Advisors. Team player willing to provide back-up for other team members and jump in as the daily business needs arise including special projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Finance, or a related field
- 5+ years fixed income experience
- FINRA Series 7 & 63 license, or willing to acquire licenses within 3 months
- Strong ability to persuade, motivate and market product
- Robust organizational skills and ability to multi-task and work independently in a dynamic client-oriented environment
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate, both in conversation and in writing
What's in it for you?
- Experience working in fixed income, trading, sales, or strategies
- FINRA Series 52 license if series 7 acquired after November, 7, 2011
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Client First: We will always earn the right to be our clients' first choice
- Collaboration: We win as One RBC
- Accountability: We take ownership for personal and collective high performance
- Diversity & Inclusion: We embrace diversity for innovation and growth
- Integrity: We hold ourselves to the highest standards to build trust
WMUS2019 Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers .