Financial Advisor in Training Intern
Ready to launch your career? Join the Ameriprise Financial internship program where we offer meaningful work in a FORTUNE 500® company within the Financial Services industry! The Ameriprise Advisor Center (AAC) is looking for a Financial Advisor in Training intern to experience varied aspects of Ameriprise while being a part of an organization focused on providing clients a Confident Retirement®. We focus on developing our Financial Advisor in Training interns though designated time to study for FINRA licenses, coaching from leaders, and support an existing book of business.
About the Ameriprise Financial Internship Program:
Our 11-week summer intern program provides experience in a collaborative and inclusive environment. As an Ameriprise Financial intern, you will gain exposure to leaders, cultivate your business intuition, work on projects that directly impact the business, and network in a welcoming atmosphere. In addition, you will have access to our Business Resource Networks, including the Black Employee Network, Young Professionals Network, PRIDE Network, and others! Responsibilities
As a Financial Advisor in Training intern, you will focus on setting up client appointments for our financial advising teams, study to obtain FINRA licenses, shadow client meetings, and create personalized development plans. Responsibilities vary depending on assigned projects(s) and may include:
• Develop and deepen relationships with current clients via the telephone
• Schedule client appointments for our financial advising teams
• Engage in on-going personal development through classes, trainings, and community activities
• Study to obtain FINRA Series 7 licensing Required Qualifications
• Current Junior at a 4-year university pursuing a bachelor's degree; open to all majors
• Interest in Personal Finance, Financial Wellness, or Financial Planning
• Graduation date of December 2022 or May/June 2023
• Demonstrated leadership experience Preferred Qualifications
• High degree of self-motivation with strong integrity and ethics
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple projects
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
• Ability to work and communicate collaboratively with others
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
• Ability and attitude to thrive in a fast-paced, client focused environment
• Superior skills in emotional intelligence, empathy, and customer service
• Demonstrated ability to display and maintain a highly professional demeanor consistent with Ameriprise values and brand
The company does not offer corporate undergraduate internships for students with F-1 visas. About Our Company
With the right company, life can Be Brilliant®. At Ameriprise Financial, we're not just in the business of helping clients with their financial goals - we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential by embracing an inclusive and collaborative culture. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you're motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise Financial and we can Be Brilliant® together.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.