Financial Advisor in Training
Are you interested in starting a meaningful career that allows you to make an impact? If you have a passion for helping others, then launch your career with Ameriprise Financial as a Financial Advisor in Training!
The Ameriprise Advisor Center (AAC) is a financial advising organization that interacts with its clients over the phone and through web-based meetings. Advisors in the AAC build deep and meaningful relationships focused on helping clients achieve their financial goals through our Confident Retirement ® approach.
The Financial Advisor in Training position is intended for those who want to become a financial advisor in a team environment. As a Financial Advisor in Training, we provide necessary support to obtain your Series 7 and 66 and life insurance licenses as you start getting exposure to working with clients by scheduling appointments for our financial advising teams. Once you obtain the required licensing, you will be eligible to advance your career by joining a financial advising team and working directly with clients on their needs.
Training and Professional Development:
We pride ourselves in providing best-in-class training and development to help our employees build the knowledge and skills to be successful financial advisors regardless of previous experience. Our learning pathways, on-the job mentorship and ongoing coaching are designed to help employees understand the products, services, systems and tools needed to provide high quality advice to clients.
The Ameriprise Advisor Center also believes in supporting its advisors developing expertise within the
industry by offering tuition reimbursement and internal support to obtain key designations like the CFP®. Our support and training will lay the foundation needed for a rewarding career of helping clients feel more confident about their financial futures.
Apply today to get started on creating your Brilliant future with Ameriprise Financial! Responsibilities
• Responsible for scheduling advising appointments with clients via telephone
• Communicating with clients to schedule/confirm appointments with and for advisors.
• Enter notes into Client Relationship Management tool to document interaction. Required Qualifications
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Excellent interpersonal, listening and communication skills.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, metric driven environment.
• Ability to generate high quality relationships through phone-based conversations. Preferred Qualifications
• Post-Secondary Degree with emphasis in Financial Planning, Finance, Economics, Entrepreneurship, Sales or Business.
• Previous Wealth Management or Financial Services Internship experience.