End User Computing Operations Engineer
Define, engineer, and implement enterprise strategy for a wide variety of end user experience services and technologies. This can include capabilities such as client tools (Office, Adobe, Java, misc. productivity applications); browser engineering, design, and strategy (Edge, Chrome, IE); collaboration tools such as Office 365, WebEx, Box, etc.; enterprise print engineering and strategy; endpoint automation, reporting, analytics, as well as overall endpoint configuration and device management capabilities for Windows and Mac devices.
As a driver of change, take an innovative and enterprise wide view of the needs of our end users and help drive forward new solutions and capabilities that will further enhance their experience and satisfaction in a highly available and secure manner. Responsibilities
- Driving an aggressive, innovative, and forward thinking approach, independently perform complex assignments in the design, detailed configuration, integration and upgrade of existing and future technologies within the End User Computing and Collaboration disciplines. Plan, design, review and approve robust, stable, scalable and manageable designs. Perform problem diagnosis, initiate problem resolution and provide top tier, ongoing life-cycle support for new technology deployments and upgrades.
- Manage effective relationships and work in partnership with leadership, team members, vendors, and contractors to deliver robust technical solutions, ensure service level commitments and project time lines are maintained. Provide technical expertise, leadership, direction and prioritization of work to team members ensuring successful project implementation and outstanding service delivery. Mentor, coach and contribute to the development of peers and other team members.
- Recommend, deploy and document design strategies and solutions for complex software/hardware/network engineering problems, based upon comprehensive and thoughtful analysis of business goals, objectives, requirements and existing technologies. Independently identify key issues, patterns and deviations during the analysis. Recommend robust solutions utilizing pragmatic judgment, creativity, and in-depth technical knowledge and evaluation techniques.
- Collaborate with team members to ensure project scoping activities are aligned with architectural objectives. Utilize performance data and historical metrics to effectively: plan for growth needs; plan upgrades, migrations, optimizations and new implementations; identify and resolve efficiency issues; and improve overall functionality. Manage hand-over design solutions and provide multi-faceted testing support and validation prior to the final release of new and upgraded technologies.
- Create and maintain documentation of detailed design documents,diagrams, engineering specifications, build changes, models, troubleshooting and support guides, systems metrics, and overall project information (including key deliverables). Responsible for the technical correctness and completeness of engineering designs and artifacts. Ensure that build activities are completed per engineering diagrams that were drafted and approved for the project. Redirect build activities as needed.
- Provide thought leadership and influence the continual refinement of processes, policies and best practices to ensure the optimal performance and availability of technologies. Promote re-use and develop consistent technical build, implementation and support processes. Responsible for the validation of, and adherence to, defined standards. Ensure ongoing improvements align with existing service/process principles and Systems Development Life Cycle methodologies.
- Continuously develop specialized knowledge and technical subject matter expertise by remaining apprised of industry trends, the direction of emerging technologies, and their potential value to the business. Effectively present the value proposition of business-appropriate emerging technologies to technology leadership.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field; or equivalent work experience.
- 5-7 years of relevant experience required.
- 5-7 years proven engineering expertise within the subject matter domain.
- Ability to support working outside of normal business hours to provide after hour or "on-call" support when necessary to solve high profile incidents/problems.
- Highly innovative problem solver with strong analytical and customer service abilities.
- Ability to communicate and articulate technical information across various organizational levels.
- High reasoning aptitude and ability to quickly understand complex operating environments.
About Our Company
- Implementation and/or operational experience in a wide range of End User technologies and capabilities such as Windows OS, MacOS, VMWare, Citrix, browser technologies, desktop utilities and end user productivity applications.
- Previous experience with Cloud computing and collaboration technologies such as cloud device management, Office 365, WebEx, cloud end user security solutions, Box, Slack, Zoom, etc. Previous experience working with wide range of stakeholders to define new solutions, fully leverage existing solutions where appropriate, and continuously drive forward a user experience driven methodology.
- An ITIL Foundation Certified candidate is preferred.
Ameriprise Technology is a team of professionals who provide Technology solutions across the company. This includes corporate computing, network infrastructure solutions and security for the entire firm. Being part of our team also means partnering across the business to enable technology solutions and engaging digital experiences for clients, advisors, and employees. Our mission is to create technology that is reliable, simple, integrated and secure. We provide the tools, resources and support to help you forge a career that delivers more of what you want: recognition, rewards and work that makes a difference.