Responsible for delivering employee relations (ER) support for all enterprise employees and leaders. Receive inquiries via an in-bound phone queue, email, or direct phone line and provide general ER guidance to ensure compliance with HR policies; management of attendance, behavior and performance issues; and provide intake for escalated ER issues of fraud, harassment, and discrimination, which are handled by the Employee Relations managers. Responsibilities
- Resolve employee relations issues over the phone by problem solving and providing consultation to employees and leaders. Handle cases in a timely manner from intake through research, investigation, tracking, documentation and resolution. Maintain compliance with relevant laws, company policies, and practices. As needed, review other cases to ensure consistent solutions. Effectively and accurately maintain documentation of ER cases.
- Provide coaching, information, and feedback to leaders and employees by interpreting organizational policies to apply to specific scenarios. Partner with leaders on the Performance Improvement Process, offering support from start to finish. Educate leaders on the process and ensure conversation and warnings are appropriate, expectations are clear, and documents are legally sound.
- Administer the company's leave of absence program for assigned lines of business. Provide support and information to leaders and employees on the process. Serve as the primary point of contact for the third-party leave of absence vendor.
- Contribute to special projects: i.e. personnel file and subpoena requests, severance, rehire eligibility, reporting and unemployment.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- 1-3 years of proven experience
- Knowledge of Human Resources and/or Employee Relations and employment law.
- Outstanding investigative, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to apply process framework models (e.g., Leadership, Consulting, Change Management, Coaching and Feedback, LEAN, and Values-Based Decision-Making).
- Effective time management skills with the ability to handle multiple demands, competing priorities and adapt to changes in the work environment.
- Communicate effectively to a diverse audience and at all levels.
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills.
- High degree of professionalism, sensitivity and discretion coupled with good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Maintain confidentiality, negotiate and influence effectively, and work flexible hours
- Ability to work and think independently
- Ability to work on a phone queue for 3.5-4 hours per day
- Intermediate computer skills, including MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
About Our Company
- Previous experience within HR or Employee Relations, including conflict resolution and working with - leaders on performance management, or as a team leader at Ameriprise.
- Previous customer service or call center experience.
- Knowledge of Ameriprise systems
With the right company, life can Be Brilliant®. At Ameriprise Financial, we're not just in the business of helping clients with their financial goals - we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential by embracing an inclusive and collaborative culture. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you're motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise Financial and we can Be Brilliant® together.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.