Diversity & Inclusion Director
Partner with key stakeholders to drive the advancement and execution of the Ameriprise Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) strategy. Consult with leaders in specified business unit to create diversity action plans to integrate D&I best practices into business strategies and objectives. Engage internal and external partners on community outreach opportunities and internal communications. Provide subject matter expertise on a specific dimension of diversity and collaborate with business partners to increase awareness for assigned groups. In partnership with senior leadership, contribute to the development of the overall D&I strategy.
This position will support our Staff Groups, RiverSource business and Supplier Diversity. Responsibilities
- Provide thought leadership in recommendations and consultation to leaders in specific business units to create diversity action plans that integrate D&I best practices into business strategies and objectives. Partner closely with leaders, HR Business Partners, and other HR Centers of Excellence (COEs) to identify creative solutions to make progress on stated goals. Ensure business unit action plans align with broader objectives. Collaborate with HR COEs, especially the Talent Development and Talent Acquisition teams, to build and integrate expertise, policies, and practices.
- Contribute to the development of the overall D&I strategy. In collaboration with cross-organizational partners, lead key strategic D&I initiatives for the firm, such as the corporate D&I speaker series, inclusive leadership training, diversity projects, etc. Provide guidance and appropriate oversight for assigned business resource networks, advisor networks, and/or Diversity and Inclusion Groups (DIGs). Ensure adherence to network and event guidelines.
- Provide subject matter expertise on a specific dimension of diversity and collaborate with business partners to build awareness. Conduct internal and external research and leverage knowledge of best practices to identify and recommend new initiatives to better serve assigned groups. Champion efforts to enhance representation.
- Partner with corporate communications and other relevant functions (i.e. HR, Business Units) to engage all employees throughout the enterprise with clear and motivating D&I messaging and communications. Develop company-wide training and communication that articulates the value of D&I and supplier diversity partnerships and drive greater awareness of the company's commitment to these areas.
- Research and deliver D&I and supplier diversity best practices in partnership with HR Centers of Excellence (COEs) and Finance (Procurement) to enhance the overall effectiveness for business unit leaders.
- Maintain current industry knowledge to remain up to date on current best practices impacting D&I
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- 7+ Years of relevant experience
- Excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Strong PowerPoint skills.
- Ability to effectively develop and deliver presentations for a wide variety of audiences.
- Proven interpersonal skills, including the ability to build strong working relationships across the enterprise and the ability to lead and influence across all levels.
- Experience and familiarity with diversity and inclusion efforts, Affirmative Action, and the EEOC.
- Experience in managing relationships with external community partners.
- Proven ability to influence when necessary to accomplish tasks effectively and efficiently.
- Demonstrated skills and experience with leading projects from design through implementation.
- Previous Human Resources experience.
- Experience in Supplier Diversity.