Provide strategic and operational leadership in the design and development of the company's internal and customer applications. Work closely with the business to effectively translate business strategy and objectives into technological capability, while collaborating with Architecture to assure technological compatibility and compliance with the architectural road map. Drive strategy and manage on- and off-shore resources, both internal and vendor provided, to ensure best in class solutions that are high quality, cost effective (on budget), sustainable, and market leading.
Our environment: Our engineering teams work on various digital products, have a broad range of experience and love to take on technical/complex challenges. We value collaboration, iterative development, digital adoption and customer feedback. Accountability, respect and learning are deeply rooted in our engineering culture.
By joining our organization, you'll be able to:
• Lead and shape digital experiences that impact millions of our clients
• Lead experiments on latest and greatest digital technologies including AI, ML, Conversational Bots, Blockchain etc.,
• Shape our Cloud-first, Cloud migration and Low-code platform solutions
• Innovate, Fail-fast and take our engineering aspirations to next level Responsibilities
- This leader will provide strategic direction and day-to-day leadership to a team of highly technical employees. Develop and maintain an organization of high performing people through effective hiring, coaching, and rigorous performance/talent management processes. Influence and implement a resource strategy (internal versus vendor) based on business need, scope of work, cost, and skill requirements. Foster a collaborative, success-oriented team environment where resources are empowered and accountable.
- Collaborate with the business and product leaders to understand business strategy and needs, customer needs, and market trends. Collaborate with architecture and leadership on design of a supporting technology strategy, including a multi-year road map, that aligns with architectural design, plan, and standards. Provide cost and feasibility analysis to support and gain strategy approval. Implement and drive strategy. Oversee annual asset health and security assessments and incorporate output into the development strategy.
- Ensure that solution design and delivery meet business requirements and expectations regarding cost, schedule, and scope. Deliver operational excellence through development, formal release schedules and release management processes, service level agreements (SLAs), problem resolution through system monitoring, and change management. Effectively oversee multiple projects simultaneously.
- Collaborate with the enterprise procurement team to ensure appropriate procurement processes are followed and to assist in effective management of vendor relationships. Partner with vendor partners to ensure all on- and off-shore resources are of appropriate skill set, Ameriprise preferred methodologies are followed, output meets quality standards, and established SLAs are met.
- Strategically plan and prioritize software/solution releases within planned release schedules based on enterprise business strategy, business and technology need, and impact, while assuring appropriate scope, size, and impact of releases to end users. Effectively plan all design, development, and testing work to ensure the pre-determined release schedule is met.
- Bring subject matter expertise to the prioritization and planning of technology product solutions to meet and maximize the annual investment budget. Collaborate with involved teams across the business and with vendor partners to effectively and accurately estimate amount of work and resulting cost associated with project deliverables.
- Champion and ensure compliance with organizational standards, practices and methodologies. Participate in the design and implementation of new methodologies, practices, and standards, as required. Hold teams accountable for following and implementing Agile product delivery, methodology and quality management framework for projects.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- 7-10+ years of experience in technology and/or software development, progressing in complexity and responsibility.
- 3-5+ years of leadership experience, including demonstrated success in leading technical teams and executing technical projects within a quality management framework and outsourced/vendor partner environment (both on- and off-shore).
- 2-3+ years of experience in successfully managing budgets (departmental and/or project).
About Our Company
- Experience with delivering digital solutions on Web, Mobile, Chat/bot and other channels
- Product delivery experience by leveraging Agile methods, DevOps/CI/CD tools.
- Experience participating in the financial planning process (departmental and/or project).
- Highly effective communication skills that includes the ability to deliver technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Experience in delivering technical solutions through both vendor (on- and off-shore) and employee resources.
- Proven success in the design/delivery of complex, best-in-class enterprise-level software applications.
At Ameriprise Financial, we're not just in the business of helping clients with their financial goals - we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential by embracing an inclusive and collaborative culture. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you're motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise Financial.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.