Ameriprise Financial has an exciting opportunity for Director - Advisor Credit Risk role! The individual would be responsible for leading day-to-day advisor debt collection activities. Maintain the credit policies and create process controls surrounding Experienced Advisor Recruiting loans, collections and arbitration matters. Drive resolution from escalated situations. Manage collection matters through end-to-end process, including arbitration, by partnering with outside counsel to drive litigation strategy. Responsibilities
- Lead day-to-day advisor debt collection activities including ensuring all processes are complete and accurate. Drive progress in cases, decision settlements with an understanding of implications on results and action on next steps.
- Ensure benchmarks are met by understanding drivers of results and driving action.
- Quickly drive resolution across multiple TPAG (The Personal Advisor Group) groups and the General Counsel's Organization. Identify potential risk and additional controls while ensuring enforcement of contract provisions.
- Lead legal language improvements and education for the team. Manage the annual legal language review process by finding opportunities to enhance verbiage and firm protections and educating field leaders on contract provisions.
- Own and evolve Experienced Advisor Recruiting (EAR) loan credit policies. Ensure EAR loan credit policies are in place and evolve to meet expectations of multiple interested parties. Act as a subject matter expert on EAR loan credit in various projects like securitization, etc.
- Act as a corporate representative in arbitration matters. Drive litigation strategy with external counsel. Ensure discovery production is complete and appropriate. Prepare witnesses for testimony and testify on outstanding debt obligation/contracts and other Ameriprise programs and policies as needed.
- Provide effective staff leadership through performance management, coaching and skill development. Act as a champion for the team and intervene on matters that create roadblocks to individual or organizational success.
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent)
- 10+ years of proven experience
- Travel required (up to 15%)
- Strong communications skills to work with all levels of the organization and ability to quickly learn and confidently relay information
- Strong analytical, judgment and problem-solving skills to analyze data and develop solutions that mitigate firm risk
- Proven people leadership skills with both direct and indirect responsibilities
- Demonstrated strength in influencing at all levels of the organization and building effective relationships in order to work across diverse business groups.
- Proven track record to work under pressure with incomplete information and undefined processes, tight deadlines and frequently changing priorities.
- Proven strategic leadership skills
About Our Company
- Knowledge of the securities industry and FINRA arbitration process
At Ameriprise Financial, we're not just in the business of helping clients with their financial goals - we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential by embracing an inclusive and collaborative culture. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you're motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise Financial.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.