Director Strategy, Planning, and Administration
Provide strategic business-focused support to an organizational leader in the following areas: business planning, operations planning and administration, communications, and other key initiatives to proactively drive agenda for senior leader. Function as an extension of the leader and frequently represent the senior leader in formal settings as well as in personal interactions. Responsibilities
- Partner with other areas including Finance, HR, Legal, and/or Communications to ensure delivery of key initiatives and smooth execution of administrative tasks to enhance organization's effectiveness, including budget management, organizational goal metrics & tracking, improvement in employee satisfaction, coordination of year-end process/performance management processes, and business unit reviews.
- Prepare presentations, communications and speeches for the direct leader, which may include presentations to the company's Board of Directors, analyst groups, regulatory agencies, and employee/management groups; ensure preparation and pre-work readiness for meetings and facilitate productive and decisive meetings/conversations
- Represent the senior leader on key strategic and tactical initiatives to others (in absence of the leader). Monitor progress of operational and strategic objectives. May lead broad, cross-organizational initiatives for which the direct leader has been assigned accountability; these may include initiatives related to business transformation, SOX, business strategy or development.
- Initiate activities to maximize organizational effectiveness such as driving process improvements, provide leadership and direction to direct reports, including coaching, mentoring and annual performance reviews.
- Partner with HR to design organization and business specific people strategies, including leader/employee recognition and representation in Chairman's awards.
- Will be responsible for developing, coaching, and guiding other support staff members.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent.
- 7-10 years of relevant experience required.
- Strong communication skills to work all levels of the organization, represent the senior leader internally and externally.
- Proven project management skills to maintain order and ensure deadlines are met.
- Strong analytical, judgment and problem solving skills to analyze data, develop compelling solutions and/or recommendations.
- Demonstrated strength in influencing at all levels and building effective relationships in order to work collaboratively across diverse units/staff functions. Demonstrated ability to work under pressure with undefined processes, tight deadlines and frequently changing priorities. Proven strategic leadership skills.
- Consulting experience with large management consulting firms is preferred
- Depth of experience in business process modeling and organizational design.
- Demonstrated incorporation of a metric-driven approach to initiatives.
- Demonstrated financial acumen and data analysis capability; experience in developing data driven conclusions and recommendations.