Lead the ITAM function for Ameriprise. This includes providing thought leadership over appropriate IT Asset Management controls and standards to ensure we effecitvely and efficiently manage our hardware, software, and IT services inventories. Work with procurement to ensure effective software and hardware contracts and to ensure license entitlements are understood and usage is tracked. Work with infrastructure teams to ensure EOL information is tracked and managed. Responsibilities
- Major areas of accountability:
- IT Asset Management Strategy ~ Software License Management & Governance ~ EOX Management ~ HW/SW Cost Optimization ~ ITAM Practice Champion ~ People Leadership
- Responsible for influencing & managing the execution of year-over-year ITAM strategies. Work with leadership to ensure infrastructure is properly refreshed according to HW model end-of-life dates. Manage urgent issues without losing focus on longer term deliverables. Work with procurement to ensure effective software & hardware inventory tracking and management. Ensure adherance to our ITAM corporate policy. Provide leadership and management support of the ITAM hardware & software lifecycle. Work with EUC, Server, Network leadership on proper ITAD processes.
- Oversee the execution and maintenance of common ITAM standards and methodologies. Ensure ITAM processes are defined, tracked, and executed in a consistent and effective way that will maximize project success. Own the continuous improvement and process optimization processes. Responsible for the deployment, management and adoption of ITAM tools (including Flexera FlexNet and ServiceNow HAM/SAM). Work with various vendor portals to ensure accurate entitlement reservations and tracking.
- Manage the ITAM governance processes. Responsible for ensuring that a strong governance framework is maintained and adopted. Overall responsibility for creating Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) for assigned practice area methodologies that enable reliable and dependable practice area operations. Evaluate adherence to methodologies and processes by setting the standards and evaluation criteria and ensuring appropriate controls and reporting are in place to effectively monitor and govern.
- Champion the capabilities across the practitioner communities to drive behavior change and adherence. Work to remove barriers to the project/operations life cycle and deliver processes and tools that facilitate efficient and effective delivery. Consult and coach senior leadership and project resources on the life cycle methodology, tool, practices and procedures. Maintain an expert knowledge level in industry best practices and alternative approaches within the practice area.
- Build and develop an effective organization with appropriate skills, organization structure, and direction to satisfy current and future business needs. This includes: recruitment, performance management, salary administration, career planning and budget management. Lead and oversee a team of professionals that are accountable for developing and delivering the methodology, tools, practices and processes that support the successful delivery of projects and technology operations at Ameriprise.
- Bachelors degree (4-years) in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business or related field; or equivalent work experience.
- 5-7 Years experience in EUC, IT Procurement or ITAM functions
- 10+ years experience in project and process management-including working in a leadership or management role.
- Considerable knowledge of the ITAM processes, SDLC, project management process and practice area best practices.
- Highly effective verbal/written communication skills; ability to effectively explain technical information in non-technical terms to drive results.
- Proven project leadership experience, including ability to build effective teams comprised of internal and vendor sourced resources.
- Ability to propose or make appropriate decisions considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to deal effectively with a variety of personalities.
- Ability to build & maintain collaborative relationships.
About Our Company
- Experience building and maintaining a resource network; demonstrated skills in building effective business consulting relationships.
- Successful work experience in a large, corporate matrixed environment.
- Effective influencing skills with employees at all levels of an organization.
- Prior work experience in the Financial Services industry.
The Ameriprise Financial Technology team mission is to create innovative technology solutions and engaging digital experiences for our clients, advisors, and employees. We embrace an inclusive and collaborative culture that allows us to partner across the business and lend our expertise in the areas of corporate computing, network infrastructure and security. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you're motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise Technology.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.