Director Business Analysis
The Director - Business Analysis, provides overall leadership including strategy, operations and people leadership for a team responsible for key advisor, client and corporate office facing tools such as Client Letters, Contact Service Tool, Chat and key operational processes such as intake and release management.
Responsible for managing a team to complete project requests from concept through implementation. Manage relationships with key business partners and customers while ensuring teams meet or exceed all deliverables, metrics and goals. Responsibilities
• This position leads a team of technical product managers and business analysts at various levels of experience. This position requires someone who is able to work autonomously, is resilient in times of change, collaborative with business partners - working in a matrixed organization.
• This position collaborates with key business partners across corporate office and the field to align on strategy and execute on deliverables for these advisor and corporate office facing tools in support of new products/projects, new functionality and BAU changes/enhancements.
• This leader will work with the team to identify process improvements both on team and beyond, to streamline and enhance the advisor, client and associate experience.
• Influence business decision-making by providing analysis that lead to solutions for business issues, making recommendations for action as appropriate. Lead highly complex projects from design through implementation and monitoring.
• Act as liaison between business leaders, staff, utility functions and at times, external parties to ensure information exchange and accomplish business objectives.
• Manage multiple relationships across the organization, including senior level leaders, and at times with external parties and clients. Answer questions within business analyst area of expertise.
• Act as liaison among business leaders, staff and utility functions to gather information and share best practices, and to ensure initiatives are executed appropriately. Manage project partners across multiple business lines.
• Act as a subject matter expert for business area. Present results of analysis and/or recommendations to business managers, utility partners, and at time external parties. Communicate action plans and priorities to appropriate partners.
• Provide coaching, mentoring, goal setting, development planning and overall performance management to the team. Required Qualifications
Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
• 5+ years of experience as leader, either formally or informally, with resilience and energetic/positive attitude.
• Excellent communication and facilitation skills; demonstrated ability to clearly and persuasively communicate ideas, issues and recommendations to senior leadership.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to use analysis with associated applications.
• Ability to influence across organization and to senior leaders.
• Flexible and able to multitask; can work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment, while also driving toward clarity and solutions; demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people and systems.
• Demonstration of strong project management skills
• Ability to develop effective working relationships with varying levels of employees and influence improvements and efficiencies to work processes
• Experience leading presentations at meetings
• Demonstrated enthusiasm for learning and developing creative solutions Preferred Qualifications
• Experience with Lean methodology.
• In-depth knowledge of business operations and processes with ability to articulate these processes to others.
• Experienced in driving process/asset changes and initiatives. About Our Company
With the right company, life can Be Brilliant®. At Ameriprise Financial, we're not just in the business of helping clients with their financial goals - we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential by embracing an inclusive and collaborative culture. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you're motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise Financial and we can Be Brilliant® together.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.