The position of Director - Technology Risk is focused on leading the Risk Office of Cloud Transformation and Strategy, and Global Cloud Operations teams. Role provides ongoing monitoring of technology risk landscape including the identification, tracking, reporting, and oversight of risks and remediation activities.
End-to-end ownership of technology projects/programs that support achievement of business goals, delivering them on time and within budget. Ensure that appropriately skilled resources are available for project commitments, whether internal or vendor provided, ensure solutions are of high quality, cost effective and implemented in a sustainable manner. Responsibilities
- Ensure solutions are of high quality, cost effective and implemented in a sustainable manner. Manage escalated project communications, risks and issues, determine when further escalation to project governance office is required. Accountable for developing cross-commitment release schedules for projects/programs impacting multiple business domains.
- Contribute to project planning/concept phase discussions and development of project cost-benefit analysis and value assessment. Accountable for the definition, analysis and planning stages of projects/programs, including resource planning. Identify those technology or business areas that are key contributors or have dependencies on project/program outcome.
- Develop an understanding of the Technology Infrastructure's (TI) operating model and familiarity with technology services provided by the technology organization, as well as familiarity with active technology risk initiatives and their impact to Technology Infrastructure (TI). Identify risks and control gaps in the technology environment leveraging Ameriprise's Technology Control Framework and assess impact to TI. Prepare responses to technology-related regulatory/audit requests.
- Manage results through metric driven goals and objectives. Determine and pursue appropriate courses of action essential in obtaining desired outcomes. Lead the project/program audit activities. Lead project teams through risk mitigation discussions - helping them understand options, managing the trade-offs, etc.. Escalate decisions to technology and business leaders in a timely manner so that overall project/program schedule is not impacted.
- Ensure appropriately skilled resources are available for development efforts; develop sourcing strategies to fill identified skill gaps, evaluate internal versus external resources when considering cost, expertise, and project time line. Create a pipeline of available resources to deliver on project commitments. Provide effective staff leadership through performance management, coaching and skill development. Effectively utilize project resources throughout the project life cycle.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Business, or related field; or equivalent work experience.
- 7-10 years of relevant experience required.
- Proven project/program leadership experience, including ability to build effective teams comprised of internal and vendor sourced resources.
- Demonstrated ability to build effective working relationships to ensure commitment and cooperation throughout project life cycle.
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills; ability to explain technical information in non-technical language to drive progress.
- Practical experience in IT Assurance practice of managing IT-related risks and steps involved to maintain robust IT systems for operations, availability, security and compliance
- Practical experience in Cloud Operating models, Cloud Security and Compliance
- Sound understanding of risk assessment methodologies, internal controls and industry technology risk management frameworks such as NIST, ITIL, etc.
- Certifications Preferred: One or more Industry Certifications (e.g. CISM/CISA/CRISC)
- Experience operating in a matrix environment or one where technical resources are obtained from a talent resource pool.
- Deep understanding of the technology products and services utilized within the financial services industry.