Leadership & Partnerships
- Work in partnership with leadership, team members, and vendors/contractors to deliver robust configuration solutions. Provide technical expertise and direction to team members ensuring successful project transitions and outstanding service delivery commitments are met and/or exceeded. Frequently participate in, and provide guidance during, design & code reviews. Ensure project scoping activities are aligned with architectural objectives and requirements.
- Manage configurations for numerous types of software development assets such as source code, binary objects, requirements and design artifacts ensuring applications deploy smoothly into production. Debug compilation, link, and generated errors; also debug installation and upgrade errors. Create, maintain, and manage software release mechanics including writing required automation tools or scripts.
Documentation & Artifacts
- Create and maintain software build and installation packaging documentation/artifacts in coordination with development and quality assurance staff. Ensure that configuration data and status of all delivered and in-process software/firmware/hardware is maintained and current at all times. Collaborate with development and operations teams on the hand-off of technology solutions. Provide multi-faceted testing support and validation prior to the final release of new and upgraded technologies.
Problem Resolution & Tools
- Identify, analyze and provide timely resolution and/or escalation of configuration management issues/problems. Utilize a variety Software Configuration Management tools for the identification, control, status accounting, verification and auditing, product release and delivery, as well as preparing and executing software compiles, builds and deployments.
Configuration Management Policy
- Enforce acceptance criteria of turnover packages: code, documentation and other types of software development assets to ensure ongoing integrity of Configuration Management standards/policies. Ensure version control integrity, validation and adherence to defined standards. Perform audits for projects in accordance with configuration management plans. Baseline existing environments in conjunction with implementations of Configuration Management policy.
Processes, Standards & Best Practices
- Contribute to the continual refinement of configuration related processes, policies and best practices to ensure optimal availability of technologies. Promote re-use and develop consistent technical build, configuration and support processes/tools. Ensure ongoing improvements align with standard service management principles (e.g. ITIL) and technology Systems/Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methods at Ameriprise.
- Continuously develop technical subject matter expertise by remaining apprised of industry trends, the direction of emerging technologies, and their potential value to the business. Effectively present the value proposition of business appropriate emerging technologies to technology leadership. Responsibilities
As a DevOps Engineer at Ameriprise you will play a key role in the DevSecOps team. You will be part of a team responsible for the engineering and maintenance of the enterprise Build and Release engineering solutions and platforms. In this role you will often collaborate with partners in other lines of business providing build solutions when new applications are introduced, or changes are made to existing applications. You will help drive the optimization of technology operations though automation and solution delivery, system/services performance monitoring and solving problems. Engineering and consulting
- Design, build and implement solutions that support infrastructure needs
- Consult on DevSecOps needs from various application/line of business partners and Aid teams in finding build automation requirements, design, implement CICD solutions.
- Develop re-usable/plug&play patterns and solutions for CICD pipelines.
- Design, build and implement Automation and systems integration across different build platforms
- Document and socialize CICD patterns, solutions, and best practices. Pattern building and DevSecOps Tools administration
- Ensure the up time and response time SLAs/OLAs for services are met and or exceeded.
- Pro-actively build or maintain the CICD building blocks/shared libraries for app/dev teams for faster build and deployment.
- Create action plans to address issues and gaps in CICD platform/tools and solutions.
- Use experience, expertise and data analysis to collaborate with manager and team members in the identification of corrective action to increase efficiency, improve performance and meet or exceed targets. Troubleshooting & Incident Management
- Actively collaborate with fellow members of the team and contractors/vendors on bridge calls to prevent or resolve incidents/problems in a fast manner
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve issues within DevSecOps space. Documentation/Developer Forums/Best Practices Implementation
- Ensure to have features published and communicated to the developers/app teams.
- Atleast bring 1 or 2 new features/best practices in the system to help app/dev teams.
- Document concerns and findings, collect all pertinent data (to include comparison of exception data and normal data) and ensure incident/problem tracking tools are updated according to established guidelines and procedures. Required Qualifications
- Bachelors degree or equivalent (4-years) in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
- 5-7 years of relevant experience required.
- 5+ years of practical experience and proven success with the design and operation of complex computing systems.
- System Administration experience, to include hardware and network experience on Unix and/or Windows platforms.
- Broad technical knowledge across a majority, with deeper knowledge in, the following: Web application development, software engineering and/or testing, data analysis, networking, operation systems (Linux, AIX, Solaris, Windows), storage (enterprise SAN, NAS), Database (UDB, SQLServer, Oracle), and mainframe
About Our Company
- Knowledge on Python/Shell/J Scripting/Groovy languages Must
- Must have troubleshooting skills
- Hands on knowledge, required on Jenkins/Bamboo, Bitbucket, Blackduck, SonarQube, Artifactory, Deployment Tool.
- CICD pipeline setup and maintenance knowledge
- ITIL Foundation certification.
- AWS certifications.
- Strong analytical ability with proven ability in synthesizing data into problem / solution insights and actions.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Preferred tools like, Ansible or any equivalent automation tool., Release Automation
- Understands Performance Testing tools.
- Understands modern collaboration tools like - Jira and Confluence
- AWS Certification
With the right company, life can Be Brilliant®. The Ameriprise Financial Technology team mission is to create innovative technology solutions and engaging digital experiences for our clients, advisors, and employees. We embrace an inclusive and collaborative culture that allows us to partner across the business and lend our expertise in the areas of corporate computing, network infrastructure and security. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you're motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise Technology and we can Be Brilliant® together.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.