Create complex enterprise architectures by developing, designing, configuring and implementing detailed engineering strategies/solutions that meet and/or exceed capability, flexibility, scalability, performance and reliability objectives for a variety of large projects, across multiple technologies, within technical area of expertise. Lead technical engineering of Cloud DevOps (Continuous Integration & Contiuous Deployment) practice ensuring viability of designs, flawless execution, and seamless transition into the production environment. Create and support complex enterprise design and solutions to deploy and manage Cloud Infrastructure Resources (AWS/Azure) using DevOps tools through Cloud Formation, Terraform and Azure Resource Manager Templates.
Create and maintain software build and installation packaging documentation/artifacts in coordination with development and quality assurance staff. Ensure that configuration data and status of all delivered and in-process software/firmware/hardware is maintained and current at all times. Collaborate with development and operations teams on the hand-off of technology solutions. Provide multi-faceted testing support and validation prior to the final release of new and upgraded technologies. Responsibilities
- Independently perform complex, difficult assignments in the design, detailed configuration, integration and upgrade of existing and future technologies within Cloud Computing Platforms and DevOps. Plan, design, review and approve robust, stable, scalable and manageable designs. Perform problem diagnosis, initiate problem resolution and provide top tier, ongoing life-cycle support for new technology deployments and upgrades through Continuous Integration and Deployment methodologies (CI/CD). Design and develop reusable CI/CD Cloud compatible patterns and solution setting the direction for the organization.
- Manage effective relationships and work in partnership with leadership, team members, vendors, and contractors to deliver robust technical solutions, ensure service level commitments and project time lines are maintained. Provide technical expertise, leadership, direction and prioritization of work to team members ensuring successful project implementation and outstanding service delivery. Mentor, coach and contribute to the development of peers and other team members.
- Recommend, deploy and document design strategies and solutions for complex software/hardware/network engineering problems, based upon comprehensive and thoughtful analysis of business goals, objectives, requirements and existing technologies. Independently identify key issues, patterns and deviations during the analysis. Recommend robust solutions utilizing pragmatic judgment, creativity, and in-depth technical knowledge and evaluation techniques.
- Collaborate with team members to ensure project scoping activities are aligned with architectural objectives. Utilize performance data and historical metrics to effectively: plan for growth needs; plan upgrades, migrations, optimizations and new implementations; identify and resolve efficiency issues; and improve overall functionality. Manage hand-over design solutions and provide multi-faceted testing support and validation prior to the final release of new and upgraded technologies.
- Create and maintain documentation of detailed design documents,diagrams, engineering specifications, build changes, models, troubleshooting and support guides, systems metrics, and overall project information (including key deliverables). Responsible for the technical correctness and completeness of engineering designs and artifacts. Ensure that build activities are completed per engineering diagrams that were drafted and approved for the project. Redirect build activities as needed.
- Provide thought leadership and influence the continual refinement of processes, policies and best practices to ensure the optimal performance and availability of technologies. Promote re-use and develop consistent technical build, implementation and support processes. Responsible for the validation of, and adherence to, defined standards. Ensure ongoing improvements align with existing service/process principles and Software Development Life Cycle methodologies.
- Continuously develop specialized knowledge and technical subject matter expertise by remaining apprised of industry trends, the direction of emerging technologies, and their potential value to the business. Effectively present the value proposition of business-appropriate emerging technologies to technology leadership.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field; or equivalent work experience.
- 5-7 years of relevant work experience required.
- 5-7+ years of experience and proven engineering expertise within subject matter domain.
- Strong analytical and customer service abilities.
- Ability to communicate and articulate technical information across various organizational levels.
- Strong thought leadership abilities and a highly innovative problem solver.
- High reasoning aptitude and ability to quickly understand a complex operating environments.
About Our Company
- Skilled in programming languages such as Python, PowerShell and Groovy. Proficient in DevOps and automation tools such as Jenkins, Bitbucket, Bamboo, Artifactory and Ansible. Operational understanding in Red Hat Linux, Windows Server, Networking (LAN/WAN), Storage Area Network (SAN/NAS), Disaster Recovery, Application Recovery, DevSecOps (IaC), Cloud computing Expertise (AWS/Azure) and Web\Database Farm concepts.
- Domains: Network, Hardware, Cloud Infrastructure, Firmware, Active Directory.
With the right company, life can Be Brilliant®. The Ameriprise Financial Technology team mission is to create innovative technology solutions and engaging digital experiences for our clients, advisors, and employees. We embrace an inclusive and collaborative culture that allows us to partner across the business and lend our expertise in the areas of corporate computing, network infrastructure and security. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you're motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise Technology and we can Be Brilliant® together.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.