Data Scientist Mgr
Play an integral role in supporting modeling and data analysis needs for assigned line of business. Manage the creation and/or usage of large data sets, providing information-based decision logic and predictive modeling solutions, and translates modeling/analytic output into understandable/actionable business knowledge, insight and applications. Demonstrate strong technical/problem solving skills. Support multiple projects collaboratively. Responsibilities
- Identify, develop, and implement complex analytical solutions leveraging tools such as predictive modeling, advanced machine learning techniques, simulation, optimization solutions, measurement solutions, decision analysis and targeted marketing campaign/list services.
- Collaborate with business leaders and/or analysts to provide analytical thought leadership and support for business problems.
- Identify and interpret business needs, define scope, business requirements, and translate those requirements into technical requirements.
- Develop, document, and communicate business-driven analytic solutions and capabilities, translating modeling and analytic output into understandable and actionable business knowledge/insights.
- Embed analytic programs and tools. Ensure continued accuracy, relevancy, and effectiveness and track process improvements once deployed.
- Ensure adherence to data and model governance standards that are set and enforced by industry standards and/or enterprise and business unit data governance polices and leaders.
- Contribute to ongoing expansion of data science expertise and credentials by keeping up with industry best practices, developing new skills, and knowledge sharing. Work cross functionally to develop standardized/automated solutions and adopt best practices.
- Master's degree or equivalent
- 3-5 years work experience in analytics and decision science
- Experience conducting hands-on analytics projects using advanced statistical methods such as generalized regression models, Bayesian methods, random forest, gradient boosting, neural networks, machine learning, clustering, or similar methodologies.
- Experience with statistical programming (Python,SAS, R, SQL etc.) & data visualization software (Power BI, Tableau, etc.) in a data-rich environment
- Strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex concepts to a non-technical audience in a way that facilitates decision making & drives outcomes.
- Proven ability to collaborate with multiple global teams, work cross financially and build new business partner relationships.
- Well-organized and capable of handling multiple critical projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
- Proven flexibility and adaptability in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.