Data Scientist - Remote
Support business decision-making by providing financial, statistical and predictive analytical solutions that leads to solutions for business issues.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely from anywhere within the U.S. as we appreciate that work-life balance is an important factor for many when considering their next move. Please discuss any flexible working requirements directly with your recruiter. Responsibilities
• Identify, develop and implement complex analytical solutions leveraging predictive modeling techniques (ML and AI).
• Develop, document, and communicate business-driven analytical solutions and capabilities, translating modeling and analytic output into understandable and actionable business knowledge.
• Ensure adherence to data and model governance standards that are set and enforced by industry standards and/or enterprise and business unit data governance polices and leaders.
• Contribute to ongoing expansion of data science expertise and credentials by keeping up with industry best practices, developing new skills, and knowledge sharing. Work cross functionally to develop standardized/automated solutions and adopt best practices.
• Discuss complex industry-specific business concepts with executives, line managers and data scientists.
• Conduct workshop sessions to identify AI/ML opportunities with business partner across Ameriprise Financials. Required Qualifications
• Bachelor degree in a highly quantitative field (Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics, etc.).
• 4+ years of experience in developing AI & Machine learning models
• Experience in leading executive briefings focused on AI / ML strategy, use case and roadmap development.
• Knowledge of advanced statistical concepts and techniques; skilled in linear algebra.
• Experience with statistical programming (SAS, Python, SQL etc.) & data visualization software in a data-rich environment.
• Proven ability to apply both strategic and analytic techniques to provide business solutions and recommendations.
• Familiarity with AWS AI services (e.g., Amazon Personalize), ML platforms (Amazon SageMaker). Preferred Qualifications
• Masters or PhD in a highly quantitative field (Computer Science, Data Science, Operational Research, Statistics, Mathematics, etc.).
• Strong organizational skills with an ability to manage numerous demands from internal / external stakeholders.
• Ability to collaborate with multiple teams to drive adoption of AI/ML Solutions.