Data Governance Manager - Banking
In partnership with senior leadership / staff group Data Governance, ensure solid operational policy, procedures and controls specifically related to data governance across the business. Share ownership in establishing and maintaining data quality rules and will work with key business partners to align technologies to meet data governance management principles (DAMA). Influence and assist with the strategic roll-out of the business Data Governance program and act as the primary liaison between the Technology Organization, Businesses, and Enterprise Data Governance. Responsibilities
• Partner across the organization including and not limited to audit, product areas, technology, and leadership to promote and implement the Data Governance road map and data governance management principles (DAMA) best practices. Ensure data compliance by creating and maintaining data layout, defines data and ensures Configuration Management Database has accurate data.
• Gather data requirements from stakeholders/stewards to lead the development of business glossaries, reference data repository, and facilitate the collection of metadata attributes for critical data assets. Manage the compliance of Governance policies and procedures. Understand all applicable regulatory requirements and be primary contact for audits or requests for data.
• Gather and document business requirements to support Data Governance operations and tools. Develop and manage key Data Governance metrics used in analysis and reporting to support Management and Committee reporting.
• Serve as a point of contact between the business Data Governance team and assigned business stakeholders for data quality, data security, data privacy, standardization, business glossaries, and meta-data management.
• Provide thought leadership to enhance the Data Governance Program - work with various stakeholders to implement ideas generated.
• Assist stakeholders with identifying and documenting key data assets used in analysis and reporting. Monitor data quality trends for governed data assets and develop plans to improve or resolve data quality issues. Required Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Systems Engineering, or related field.
- 5 + years with at least two of the following: Data quality, meta-data management, master data management, process design-7, and Data Governance.
- 2 + years of project management/coordination tracking.
- 1 + year of experience working with data lakes and cloud platforms.
About Our Company
- Experience with implementing and establishing data governance utilities and processes.
- Ability to work cross-collaboratively to achieve key objectives.
- Ability to work independently to achieve strategic goals.
- Experience with Data Management Body of Knowledge (DMA-DMBOK).
- Ability to present materials to either large or small groups at various management levels.
With the right company, life can Be Brilliant®. At Ameriprise Financial, we're not just in the business of helping clients with their financial goals - we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential by embracing an inclusive and collaborative culture. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you're motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise Financial and we can Be Brilliant® together.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.