Provide data strategy and governance oversight for a focused portion of the Ameriprise information architecture, ensure projects and programs within the portfolio are supported by the appropriate data deliverables. Develop information architecture solutions that are aligned with the objectives and standards of the enterprise data management strategy and enable optimal performance, stability, and extensibility. Responsibilities
- Create the high level architecture and data solution design for projects (conceptual model, integration model, sourcing) in alignment with the portfolio and enterprise data strategy. Translate enterprise or business needs into long-term information architecture solutions. Apply enterprise vision to all portfolio, technical and application projects understanding and communicating different architectural models/strategies that are consistent with business strategies.
- Analyze business processes, operational applications and source data to understand dependencies, anomalies and implicit business rules that impact the ability to manage the master data. Design, develop and maintain logical and physical data models. Perform data profiling and analysis and develop data models that correspond to the business and technical requirements. Review and sign-off on all project data models.
- Provide governance oversight to ensure project adherence to information architecture strategy, principles, standards, policies and procedures throughout all project phases. Partner with other architects to ensure alignment and integration across portfolio boundaries and promote an enterprise focus on data management. Review information architecture deliverables throughout development process to ensure quality and traceability to requirements and adherence to all plans and standards.
- Develop and maintain the portfolio information architecture strategy including data models, data strategy (e.g. management, integration and optimization), and apply to ongoing projects and initiatives, acting as the subject matter expert in key data areas (e.g. data integration, data quality, master data governance, security). Develop and build strong relationships and use effective communication skills to influence and accomplish strategic information architecture objectives.
- Work with project managers and across the architecture organization to develop the approach and cost estimates to produce information architecture deliverables for projects. Assess and facilitate engagement of other data management services (DBA and data integration) for the projects within the portfolio. Provide high level tracking of project progress, with respect to data architecture deliverables, to ensure timely delivery and efficient use and staffing of data architecture resources.
- Contribute to the development and evolution of the Enterprise Reference Architecture and the Information Architecture. Communicate, educate and ensure adherence to sound data management principles and where possible, the re-use of data as well creating and managing meta-data and business rules for the use of data. Establish guiding principles and a reusable methodology for managing information architecture deliverables.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathmatics, or related technical field; or related work experience.
- 5-7 years of relevant experience required
- Deep logical and physical data modeling experience using the Entity Relationship Diagram (ERD) methodology.
- Applied experience and expertise in data architecture concepts (e.g. model management, meta-data management, data governance).
- Experience delivering concurrent, large information management projects at all phases-from project definition through design and delivery.
- Demonstrated proficiency in requirements gathering and analysis processes and methodologies.
- Experience developing a data strategy and working within and influencing the associated policies.
- 3+ years software development and/or technical support experience.
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal) to effectively interact with all levels of technology and business partners.
- Financial Services industry specific knowledge that includes working knowledge of industry data standards and architectures.