Do you have outstanding customer service experience skills, enjoy helping others, problem resolution and are looking for career advancement opportunities in an award-winning contact center?
If this is you, this role offers the ability to serve as a first point of contact for RiverSource customers including: advisors, clients, and business partners as a Customer Service Professional!
You will learn how to research and respond to questions regarding service inquiries, policies, procedures, and account information over the phone in a growing and inclusive environment with a company that is committed to support you in your development through hands on learning to get a feel for where you want to go in your career.
This job will be your first of many options starting with acquiring your required FINRA license exams through our company sponsored training program!
We understand that flexibility is meaningful, and we offer remote, in-office options, and hybrid options during core business hours Monday through Friday. Responsibilities
- Maintain an appropriate study schedule and discipline in preparation for the FINRA SIE and Series 6 licensing exams.
- Serves as first customer point of contact regarding routine service issues, assist in troubleshooting issues, and enter service requests into appropriate systems for resolution by appropriate service partners. Ensure that all pertinent information is captured and accurately entered to ensure timely resolution. Receives mentorship from Coaches on a frequent basis to process these requests.
- Continue to develop understanding of systems and procedures to educate clients and advisors on newly-enacted services, as they arise, to facilitate efficient self-service.
- Serve as a key resource for customers on company or product policies and systems and troubleshoot simple usability issues raised by customers. Refer more sophisticated issues to appropriate service partners.
- Respond directly to information requests initiated by customers using a variety of systems. Provide information to clients, advisors, or other relationship partners, and work with appropriate internal partners to resolve any outstanding question(s). May process routine service transactions, or resolve account service casework which have been initiated by web-based or paper forms using computer applications in a timely manner in order to meet or exceed service goals.
- Directly interact with customers, predominately via a high-volume, in-bound or out-bound phone queue, to provide accurate and immediate solutions to routine transaction and service requests. Use appropriate internal computer applications and enter all information in the appropriate system for tracking and archival purposes.
About Our Company
- High School Degree or Equivalent.
- Excellent customer service skills that include the ability to explain complex policies or concepts in a straightforward, easy-to-understand manner.
- Strong communication skills.
- Demonstrated skill troubleshooting and identifying root causes and resolving issues.
- Demonstrated ability managing multiple priorities in a fast paced environment.
- Detail oriented with strong organization skills.
- Ability to work independently during working hours that can vary between 7am-6pm Monday through Friday. For virtual agents, use of a personal Internet line that meets the minimum Internet speeds of 15+ Mbps download; 5+ Mbps upload.
- Willingness to focus on the licensing study expectations between the hours of 8:00am-4:30pm Monday through Friday.
- Active FINRA Series 6 or ability to obtain within 60 days. (Obtaining the Series 6 may include passing the SIE (Securities Industry Essentials) exam plus the FINRA Series 6 top-off exam).
Riversource Annuities and Insurance is a part of the Ameriprise family of brands that provides our clients access to solutions that create a road map for their future. At Riversource we embrace an inclusive and collaborative culture that allows us to help others achieve their goals by providing compelling product solutions. This includes insurance to prepare for and be protected during the unexpected, as well as annuities that will provide support through every stage of retirement planning such as asset accumulation, generating income, and leaving a legacy to loved ones or charity. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you're motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Riversource.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.