Cost Basis Coach
Provide guidance, coaching and indirect leadership to peers on maintaining accurate cost basis tracking in brokerage platform through ongoing validations of tax lot data against transactional inputs. Research, resolve and respond to escalated complex internal and external cost basis related inquiries. Assist in reconciling discrepancies between various processing systems to ensure the accuracy of cost basis information. Contribute to process improvements and implement solutions as appropriate.
Please discuss any flexible working requirements directly with your recruiter. Responsibilities
• Coach peers on processes, procedures and issue resolution. Provide indirect leadership and training to less-experienced peers in new systems and processes. Conduct training for new and existing employees.
• Contribute to process improvements and implement solutions as appropriate drive exceptional client service and risk mitigation. Create and update process documentation for new and existing processes.
• Research, resolve and respond to escalated complex transaction and inquiries. Provide explanation of policies, resolutions, and next steps to advisors, clients and relationship partners. Work with both internal (Reorg, ACATs, AMP India) and external business partners (contra firms) to research and resolve complex issues, troubleshoot and provide seamless professional service. Partner with offshore team to provide timely feedback and completion of daily work.
• Run various reports on access databases to provide operational processing information and take action as appropriate. Participate in various ad hoc responsibilities and project requests, as assigned.
• Analyze historical records and information provided by clients and other investment firms in order to reconstruct and verify the accuracy of cost basis information.
• Process, reconcile and/or correct tax lot and cost basis entries, both routine and complex, for all brokerage products including mutual funds, equities, and bonds through various internal processing systems. Ensure processing of transactions follow industry rules/regulations and internal compliance procedures. Required Qualifications
• Associates degree or equivalent.
• 3+ years of experience.
• Proven ability to research and resolve issues with demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
• Strong attention to detail with the ability to work under tight time frames and deadlines while achieving a high degree of accuracy.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills with the ability to understand and communicate complex issues.
• Ability to build and maintain strong, positive relationships and influence others without having direct leadership accountability.
• Fundamental Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel) skills.
• Accounting/finance background or brokerage experience.
• Access or other database application experience. Preferred Qualifications
• Bachelors degree