Corporate Compliance Leadership Development Program Associate
Are you looking for a company that values diversity, teamwork, and growth? The Ameriprise Financial Leadership Development Program (LDP) offers meaningful work experience for emerging talent in a FORTUNE 500® company within the Financial Services industry. The General Counsel's Organization LDP is an 18-month commitment crafted to cultivate your business knowledge, gain on-the-job training, network in an encouraging, inclusive, team-based environment, have exposure to senior leaders and contribute to the success of the company through three, 6-month rotations. In addition, you will have access to our Business Resource Networks, including the Black Employee Network, Young Professionals Network, PRIDE Network, and others!
The Ameriprise General Counsel's Organization (GCO) is comprised of over 400 employees globally and includes the legal, compliance, and regulatory functions that support Ameriprise Financial and its subsidiaries. It is responsible for helping business partners mitigate and manage legal, compliance, and security risks to the firm.
The General Counsel's Organization LDP rotates through and completes work within three of the following business areas:
• Investment Compliance
• Code of Ethics
• Compliance Communicates Review Group
• Products and Surveillance
• Field Office Inspections and Policy
• Supervisory Controls
After exploring the breadth of the business unit(s) through each rotation, LDPs may have the opportunity to post to a permanent position within Ameriprise Financial.
Responsibilities vary depending on current rotation and assigned projects(s) and may include:
• Participating on project teams responsible for implementing new programs
• Recommending and leading enhancements to existing processes
• Creating, updating, and managing review processes for new/existing communications
• Drafting and maintaining project plans and status reports
• Capturing and tracking project issues and assisting with resolution Required Qualifications
• Current Senior at a 4-year university pursing a bachelor's degree in Communications, Compliance, Data Analytics, Economics, Finance, Marketing, Political Science, Risk Mgmt, or related field
• Graduation date of December 2021 or May/June 2022
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
• Previous internship experience
• Demonstrated leadership experience
• Commitment to complete the full 18-month Leadership Development Program Preferred Qualifications
• High degree of self-motivation with strong integrity and ethics
• Ability to learn new concepts quickly and drive results
• Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple priorities
• Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, and presentation skills
• Ability to work and communicate collaboratively with all levels of the organization including team members, managers, and senior leaders
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
The company does not offer sponsorship for this opportunity. About Our Company
With the right company, life can Be Brilliant®. At Ameriprise Financial, we're not just in the business of helping clients with their financial goals - we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential by embracing an inclusive and collaborative culture. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you're motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise Financial and we can Be Brilliant® together.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.