Are you looking for a company that values diversity, teamwork, and growth? The Ameriprise Financial Leadership Development Program (LDP) offers meaningful work experience for emerging talent in a FORTUNE 500® company within the Financial Services industry. The Compliance Analytics LDP in the General Counsel's Organization is an 18-month commitment crafted to cultivate your business knowledge, gain on-the-job training, network in an encouraging, inclusive, team-based environment, have exposure to senior leaders and contribute to the success of the company through three, 6-month rotations. In addition, you will have access to our Business Resource Networks, including the Black Employee Network, Young Professionals Network, PRIDE Network, and others!
The Ameriprise General Counsel's Organization (GCO) is comprised of over 450 employees globally and includes the legal, compliance, and regulatory functions that support Ameriprise Financial and its subsidiaries. It is responsible for helping business partners mitigate and manage legal, compliance, and security risks to the firm.
The Compliance Analytics LDP will rotate through and complete work within three of the following business areas:
• Anti-Fraud and Anti-Money Laundering
• Regulatory Affairs
• Compliance Communication Review Group
• Products and Surveillance
• Field Office Inspections and Policy
• Supervisory Controls
After exploring the breadth of the business unit(s) through each rotation, LDPs may have the opportunity to post to a permanent position within Ameriprise Financial. Responsibilities
Responsibilities vary depending on current rotation and assigned projects(s) and may include:
- Participating on project teams responsible for implementing new programs
- Recommending and leading enhancements to existing processes
- Creating, updating, and managing review processes for new/existing communications
- Drafting and maintaining project plans and status reports
- Capturing and tracking project issues and assisting with resolution
- Identify opportunities in a compliance analytical process and propose solutions
- Appreciate and present pros and cons e.g., sustainability of new implementations for supervisor review
- Document and test
- The individual could assist in migrating programs from our current SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) environment to the AWS (Amazon Web Service) data lake environment.
- Translate existing SAS code/processes into AWS's Athena, or other data analytics tools
- Identify root causes (in the code) for differences identified between AWS and SAS
- Recommend solutions to eliminate differences, and implement updates in the code on AWS
- Create written documentation for both existing SAS processes and new AWS processes
- Assist with "Data Migration" -This includes experience with moving data from vendor-hosted and company-owned data source systems.
- Learn about "Data Manipulation" - modifying data so it is easier to read/use
- Contribute to "Data Curation"- organization and integration of data collected from various sources, so that value and reusability are preserved.
Compliance Communications Review Group (CCRG)
- Maintaining and improving policies/procedures
- Restructuring the resource center website
- Testing potential program improvements
- Provide analytical and support work for senior investigators, and trained to handle minor cases
- Observe investigators on cases and advisor interviews
Anti-Money Laundering (AML)/Anti-Fraud
- Conduct client reviews for nnon-financial and financial crimes to assess the monetary and reputational risk of maintaining a client relationship
- Create client reports with findings, and discuss client statuses with advisors
Supervisory Controls Units (SCU)
- Conduct supervisory and compliance procedures
- Data assurance testing across the organization
- Review and edit procedures through CompliSource
- Current Senior at a 4-year university pursing a bachelor's degree in Business Analytics, Finance, Political Science, or related field
- Graduation date of May/June 2023 or December of 2023
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Commitment to complete the full 18-month Leadership Development Program
- High degree of self-motivation with strong integrity and ethics
- Ability to learn new concepts quickly and drive results
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple priorities
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Ability to work and communicate collaboratively with all levels of the organization including team members, managers, and senior leaders
- Experience with Microsoft Power BI, Python, SAS, or equivalent technologies
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
The company does not offer sponsorship for this opportunity. About Our Company
At Ameriprise Financial, we're not just in the business of helping clients with their financial goals - we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential by embracing an inclusive and collaborative culture. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you're motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise Financial.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.