Compensation Director - Remote
In this role, you will serve as the lead Compensation Consultant for HR Business Partners for the Wealth Management Solutions (WMS) business leaders and a Corporate Staff Group by proactively identifying and developing compensation strategies and solutions to address complex business challenges. This includes leveraging compensation data, tools and applications and provide subject matter expertise to translate analysis into easily understood recommendations. Additionally you will partner with senior leaders to ensure compensation programs support business objectives and align with the firm's compensation philosophy. Lead compensation programs and/or initiatives on behalf of the compensation team. If you are not located close to a physical office, remote work is considered for qualified candidates. Responsibilities
- Serve as a lead compensation consultant for HR business partners and business leaders on all compensation programs and practices that pertain to the respective line of business. Identify, develop, and implement solutions that address complex business challenges and align with the company's compensation philosophy.
- Lead the design of special incentive programs, including sales incentive plans, that are competitive and aligned with business strategies and objectives. Own the implementation, communication and administration of these special incentive programs. Monitor ongoing effectiveness of plan designs and ensure special incentive programs are administered accurately.
- Lead enterprise-wide compensation projects and/or processes. Partner with senior leadership to ensure initiatives support business objectives and align with the company's compensation philosophy. Maintain in-depth compensation and industry knowledge. Conduct competitive analysis and recommend updates as necessary in line with market trends and findings.
- Partner with other compensation team members on initiatives that cross organizational boundaries or have implications outside immediate area of responsibility, providing leadership/expertise within specialized area(s). Collaborate with internal business partners and external vendors to ensure compensation initiatives are implemented effectively and escalated issues are resolved.
- Lead the development and delivery of compensation education and training to HR colleagues, leaders, and employees through both formal training sessions or one-on-one discussion/consultation. Develop communication strategies related to new or changed compensation programs, including annual year-end compensation materials.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent.
- 7-10 Years' relevant experience.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and administering compensation programs, including bonus programs and sales compensation plans.
- Excellent analytical skills and detail orientation.
- Outstanding relationship and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated proficiency in providing business consultation.
- Experience developing new compensation programs that drive desired business results.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Excel and proficiency in Microsoft Word and
- Experience using HRMS systems (preferably Workday), market database software (preferably MarketPay), and query reporting tools.
- Master's Degree
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) or Global Remuneration Profession (GRP)
- Financial services industry experience.
The ideal candidate for this role will have a passion for compensation, a knack for informing and influencing others, and a head for business. You will bring critical thinking, creativity, inquisitiveness, and a roll-up your sleeves attitude to an evolving compensation function with an eye toward building for the future. In this role, you'll enjoy working as part of an internal Compensation Consulting team focused on providing advice, guidance and solutions to HR Business Partners and business line leadership. In addition to communicating and influencing stakeholders and partners, you'll also listen to customer concerns and actively respond with recommendations. You'll apply a growth-mindset and a positive outlook as we evolve the compensation function across a global footprint. About Our Company
With the right company, life can Be Brilliant®. At Ameriprise Financial, we're not just in the business of helping clients with their financial goals - we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential by embracing an inclusive and collaborative culture. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you're motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise Financial and we can Be Brilliant® together.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.