Ready to launch your career? Join the Ameriprise Financial internship program where we offer meaningful work in a FORTUNE 500® company within the Financial Services industry! The Communications intern will be part of a dynamic team which delivers high-quality communications for Ameriprise Financial. As part of the Communications team, you will work on a wide variety of communication projects focused on developing skills needed as they begin a career in communications or in public relations.
About the Internship Program:
Our 11-week summer intern program provides experience in a collaborative and inclusive environment. As an Ameriprise Financial intern, you will gain exposure to leaders, cultivate your business intuition, work on projects that directly impact the business, and network in a welcoming atmosphere. In addition, you will have access to our Business Resource Networks, including the Black Employee Network, Young Professionals Network, PRIDE Network, and others! Responsibilities
Corporate Communications is responsible for internal communications to our more than 20,000 employees and financial advisors - as well as public relations, shareholder communications and all corporate meetings and conferences. The team consults with business partners across and outside the company to ensure strategic and effective messages are delivered to our internal and external audiences through company intranets, public-facing websites, presentations, speeches, videos and more.
Responsibilities vary depending on assigned projects(s) and may include:
• Writing, editing and proofing communications targeted to financial advisors and employees (news articles, memos, etc.) as well as content for the Ameriprise newsroom including feature stories, commentary, and story ideas
• Developing targeted media pitches for consumer and trade publications
• Conducting research and interviews (phone, online, etc.) on current trends
• Reviewing and editing news releases and other communications
• Participating in regularly scheduled calls with public relations agencies
• Assisting with media outreach in local markets
• Assist in prepping Ameriprise spokespeople including senior leaders and financial advisors
• Being proactive in helping PR team develop new media strategies
• Assisting with the @Ameriprise Twitter account Required Qualifications
• Current Junior at a 4-year university pursuing a bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or related field
• Graduation date of December 2022 or May/June 2023
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
• Demonstrated leadership experience
• 0-1 year of related experience
• Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, and presentation skills Preferred Qualifications
• High degree of self-motivation with strong integrity and ethics
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities
• Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, and presentation skills
• Ability to work and communicate collaboratively with others
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
• Knowledge of different communications formats and vehicles
• Experience or demonstrated interest in interacting with media
• Interest in pursuing a career in public relations or communications in the financial services industry
• Marketing, journalism, public relations, and media relations coursework
The company does not offer corporate undergraduate internships for students with F-1 visas. About Our Company
With the right company, life can Be Brilliant®. At Ameriprise Financial, we're not just in the business of helping clients with their financial goals - we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential by embracing an inclusive and collaborative culture. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you're motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise Financial and we can Be Brilliant® together.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.