Columbia Threadneedle Investments, US : Regional Advisor Consultant, External Wholesaler - GA/AL Territory
Partner and consult with advisors to guide the implementation of Columbia's mutual funds and/or separate accounts sales. Deliver product knowledge and usable sales approaches. Create Columbia brand recognition and demand.
If you are not located close to a physical office, remote work is considered for qualified candidates. Responsibilities
- Represent all products distributed and marketed by Columbia Management. Drive sales by developing, maintaining, and deepening relationships with new and existing advisors. Influence advisor choices using a consultative sales process and other performance improvement systems. Partner with internal wholesaler to develop a business plan, manage the territory, and drive regional sales goals and objectives.
- Identify client needs and provides investment and business solutions to the financial advisor. Build and maintain relationships with internal and external business partners (e.g. marketing, senior leaders, field leaders).
- Conduct sales or product training meetings and public seminars for financial advisors. Make joint sales presentations to existing and prospective clients.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 3-5 years in mutual fund/separate account wholesaling or supporting a mutual fund/separate account wholesaler.
- In depth working knowledge and experience with mutual funds and separate accounts.
- Demonstrated ability to make successful and dynamic sales presentations.
- Self-driven - able to manage territory budget and to operate autonomously.
- Separate managed accounts experience.
- Established relationships in the channel.
- Series 7, state securities agent registration (S63 or S66) and state IAR registration (S65 or S66) or the ability to obtain within a defined period of time.
About Our Company
- Advanced degree (MBA) and or CIMA or CFP.
Millions of people around the world rely on Columbia Threadneedle Investments to manage their money. We're intentionally built to help our clients succeed, backed by a global team of 2,000 people including more than 450 investment professionals sharing global perspectives across all major asset classes and markets. At Columbia Threadneedle, you'll find the promise we make to our clients is the same one we make to our employees: Your success is our priority. In addition to our competitive total rewards package, employees stay with us because of our culture and commitment to their development. And, backed by the strength of our parent company, Ameriprise Financial, we are committed to providing you with the tools, resources, recognition and rewards to help you shape the career you want.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.