Business Systems Analyst-Technology
Act as the liaison between the business and IT organizations in order to provide technical solutions that meet user needs and improve business performance by assisting with the technical analysis of business requirements, problem solving and troubleshooting as part of a larger project team. Accountable for ensuring that clear, concise requirements have been captured. Participate in testing, issue resolution, support the implementation check-out process and facilitate the development of all procedural documentation and manuals.
This role is specifically assigned to support the Ameriprise field CRM system (Salesforce). You will be responsible for the administration and support management of the tool, with a focus on continuous improvement of the field experience. Responsibilities Support and Data Management
Agile Release Management
- Manage and solve escalated support issues from level 1 support groups
- Identify support trends and manage opportunities to reduce support call volumes
- Partner with business team to inform and train the field on new application releases and best practices
- Create business management asset scorecard to report on asset health, support, usage, and top enhancement requests. Provide recommendations on new development work
- Maintain system, usage and support metrics to track trends in usage and data integrity
Business Partner Management
- Gather, analyze, document and manage user stories to effectively recommend technology solutions that best address business needs. Identify potential solutions for the business and provide input to issues or risks.
- Identify project interdependencies and communicate requirement/scope issues and participate in driving them to resolution for inclusion in the design specifications.
- Assist with the development and execution of the testing strategy for asset releases
- Help manage intake process for Salesforce, includes leading the translation of customer requirements to technical specifications.
- Leverage technical knowledge & business expertise to manage effective working relationships with technology teams and business partners at management and end user levels.
- Negotiate technical and non-technical solutions that both satisfy the business users and conform to the technical architecture.
- Manage basic support requests and administrative needs of our users
- Demonstrate expert level knowledge in all system integrations, processes and data relating to Salesforce
- Leverage domain expertise and analyst practice expertise to provide the most effective solutions to the business partners in the most efficient means possible.
- Educate business partners on systems capabilities and the feasibility of developing specific solutions.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or similar field; or equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience required.
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience in business and functional requirements elicitation, translation and documentation.
- Strong analytic skills including ability to identify patterns, potential issues and then translate those into functional and test requirements.
- Solid understanding of business functional areas and business management issues as well as the IT organizations systems and capabilities.
- Knowledge of and ability to effectively use the appropriate modeling methodologies and tool-sets, requirements management methodologies and tool-sets, requirements visualization methods and tool-sets, and artifact versioning tools.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
About Our Company
- Salesforce Certified Administrator or equivilent experience with Salesforce tool
- Ability to work little supervision or oversight to deliver key milestones in an ever changing environment and able to handle multiple priorities
- Experience with working directly with the field
- Experience with business architecture, systems analysis, and system design
- Experience with agile development process
- Experience with user story writing and acceptance testing
- Experience with tools (Salesforce, Access, Excel, Sharepoint)
With the right company, life can Be Brilliant®. The Ameriprise Financial Technology team mission is to create innovative technology solutions and engaging digital experiences for our clients, advisors, and employees. We embrace an inclusive and collaborative culture that allows us to partner across the business and lend our expertise in the areas of corporate computing, network infrastructure and security. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you're motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise Technology and we can Be Brilliant® together.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.