This Business Systems Analyst Tech role will be a member of the Wealth Technology Product Management team, serving as a key subject matter expert for one of the most used field capabilities. This is a unique opportunity to become a key subject matter expert, ensuring that voice of the customer drives vendor deliverables and creates an excellent user experience.
Provide technical solutions that meet user needs and improve business performance by assisting with the technical analysis of business requirements, problem solving and troubleshooting as part of a product management team. Accountable for ensuring that clear, concise requirements have been captured. Participate in testing and reporting of UAT with internal partners and vendor, reporting defects to vendor ensuring issue resolution, support the implementation check-out process and facilitate the end user communication and training documentation. Provide tool demo to users upon request. Responsibilities
- Gather, analyze, document and manage business and user requirements (both functional and non-functional) for technology solutions that address business needs. Assist in identifying potential solutions for the business and provide input to issues or risks. Identify project interdependencies and communicate requirement/scope issues and participate in driving them to resolution for inclusion in system requirements.
- Write and perform test cases for each vendor release and coordinate with internal partners. Participate in the product road map and drive changes with the vendor.
- Complete all support documentation for the PMT tool. Assist with the production check-out process.
- Develop expertise in all systems, processes and data relating to the assigned business or project.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with technology teams and business partners at management and end user levels. Educate business partners on systems capabilities and the feasibility of developing specific solutions. Work effectively in a team environment to ensure that solution delivery is on time, within cost estimates and meets business needs.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or similar field; or equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience required.
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience in business and functional requirements elicitation, translation and documentation.
- Strong analytic skills including ability to identify patterns, potential issues and then translate those into functional and test requirements.
- Solid understanding of business functional areas and business management issues as well as the IT organizations systems and capabilities.
- Knowledge of and ability to effectively use the appropriate modeling methodologies and tool-sets, requirements management methodologies and tool-sets, requirements visualization methods and tool-sets, and artifact versioning tools.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
About Our Company
- Certifications preferred: CCBA
- Experience with business process modeling.
- Experience with writing use cases and test cases.
- Experience working with the following tools: JIRA, Portfolio Manager tool, MS Office, Clarity, MS Visio, and HP Quality Center.
- Experience working within a defined development life cycle methodology (e.g. CMMI, Ameriprise Quality Management System (AQMS)) environment.
- Experience supporting applications within the Financial Services industry (e.g. broker-dealer, asset management, insurance, etc.).
- Experience providing training/demo's to end users.
The Ameriprise Financial Technology team mission is to create innovative technology solutions and engaging digital experiences for our clients, advisors, and employees. We embrace an inclusive and collaborative culture that allows us to partner across the business and lend our expertise in the areas of corporate computing, network infrastructure and security. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you're motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise Technology.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.