Ready to launch your career? Join the Ameriprise Financial internship program where we offer meaningful work in a FORTUNE 500® company within the Financial Services industry! The Service & Operations team supports a best-in-class advisor, client, and employee experience through business process analysis and developing innovative solutions to support the organization. In order to best serve the needs of our advisors, clients, and employees, the Service & Operations team works cross functionally with many departments, inclusive of but not limited to our Bank, Technology, Risk, Compliance, and PMO departments. As a Business Operations intern, you will work with team members to support one or more of the following areas:
• Data Analytics
• Process Innovation
• Tool and Workflow Design
• Risk Management and Vendor Management
• Client and Advisor Feedback Analysis
About the Internship Program:
Our 11-week summer intern program provides experience in a collaborative and inclusive environment. As an Ameriprise Financial intern, you will gain exposure to leaders, cultivate your business intuition, work on projects that directly impact the business, and network in a welcoming atmosphere. In addition, you will have access to our Business Resource Networks, including the Black Employee Network, Young Professionals Network, PRIDE Network, and others! Responsibilities
Responsibilities vary depending on assigned projects(s) and may include:
- Participating on project teams responsible for developing solutions within Service & Operations to enhance the advisor, client, and employee experience.
- Collaborate with leaders and colleagues across the world on innovative process improvements, solutions, and applications.
- Gain familiarity with the tools used at Ameriprise to conduct day-to-day business and propose enhanced user experiences.
- Understand business needs and infrastructure necessary to support advisors and clients.
- Participate in a group project with other Business Operations Interns to collaborate and produce a project to be presented to Service & Operations leadership at the end of the internship
- Current Junior at a 4-year university pursuing a bachelor's degree
- Interest in pursuing a career in the financial service industry
- Graduation date of December 2023 or May/June 2024
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Business Management, Economics, or Business Analytics majors preferred
- High degree of self-motivation with strong integrity and ethics
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Ability to work and communicate collaboratively with others
- Computer competency with strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Enjoys non-routine daily activities and flexible with day-to-day schedule
- Ability to work independently with a strong degree of analytical, problem-solving, and time management skills
: The company does not offer corporate undergraduate internships for students with F-1 visas. About Our Company
At Ameriprise Financial, we're not just in the business of helping clients with their financial goals - we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential by embracing an inclusive and collaborative culture. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you're motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise Financial.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.